Jesse Lloyd Stutes

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jason Bergeron

Jesse Lloyd Stutes

Post by Jason Bergeron »

Can anyone tell me what type of steel the late Jesse Stutes played? I recently acquired some of his recordings and was a little curious.
Sho~Bud Super Pro, Peavey Nashville 400
©Jason Bergeron
Marty Broussard

Post by Marty Broussard »

Jason,
Send an email to Danny Cormier. Also do a google search for Jay Stutes. Pretty sure I saw a pic of him behind a blonde non pedal Fender in Eddie Schuler's when I was a teenager that had Jay Stutes painted on the front. I think he was playing a Marlen on "Sugar Bee"... But I'm not sure. When I started he was already playing the D10 Rosewood PP that he used on probably all of the Blackie Forrestier records. I tried to buy that guitar more than once....lol. Also ask Larry Miller and Clarence Junior Martin. Unfortunately most of the people he played with the most are deceased. Good luck.
"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin
Jason Bergeron

Post by Jason Bergeron »

Thanks for the information! Do you know of any site that would have a complete list of his recordings? I'd like one to see which ones I have and may be missing.

I found a picture of him with a Rickenbacker steel. Perhaps this is the one you made reference to?

Sho~Bud Super Pro, Peavey Nashville 400
©Jason Bergeron