Line 6 M9 and Pod XT

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Tony Dingus

Line 6 M9 and Pod XT

Post by Tony Dingus »

How are the effects only in the POD XT compared to the M9 ?

Tony
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

Bump.

Tony
Michael Hummel

Post by Michael Hummel »

I have a POD XT but have never used the M9 (or its relatives). I have always found the effects in the XT to be rather "meh". They are okay; there are certainly a good variety to choose from, and are good enough to emulate things well enough when playing live.

I *believe* (but could be wrong) that the effects in the M9 series have been upgraded, to be more in line with the quality of the algorithms used in the POD HD lineup (I have a POD HD400 and find everything to sound significantly better than the POD XT).

I know people whose opinion I respect (Jack Stoner comes to mind) use the XT in their rig just for the effects so obviously different strokes for different folks.

In my opinion if there are a small number of effects you are after (let's say chorus, delay, reverb) you would be better off to get individual units for each if you are picky about sound quality.

Cheers,
Mike
MSA Classic 5+4
Too many 6-strings and amps to list
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

Thanks Mike. I'm using the XT for effects and was thinking about getting the M9 .

Tony
Alex Cattaneo

Post by Alex Cattaneo »

Hey Tony,

I got a used M9 for 200$... and sold almost 1k worth of pedals the next week. The reverbs alone are worth the price of admission. To me, it's similar to the Benado units, but with a few more features, like the possibility to hook up 2 expression pedals, a tap tempo, a very useable looper, tuner, presets, etc.

Great unit and incredible value.
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

Alex, I sent you a message.

Tony
Alex Cattaneo

Post by Alex Cattaneo »

I meant to say that I bought mine for 200$, not that I'm selling it. Definitely keeping it, sorry for the confusion!
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

No problem Alex.

Tony