Pedal Steel Vendor

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Andy Alford

Pedal Steel Vendor

Post by Andy Alford »

I am looking for a vendor who gives great service and has everything a player may need.I want a store that acts like they want customers.Who do you use?
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

Toys "R" Us

<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre>well, you didn't mention anything about steel, and you did say players</pre></font>
Rodney Leach

Post by Rodney Leach »

Billy Cooper in Orange Va. is probably the
biggest and best there is.Billy and Wanda
are great people and have just about anything you are looking for.Give them a call
or look them up under "Links" here on the
forum.
Stephen Winters

Post by Stephen Winters »

Bobbe Seymour's Steel Guitar Nashville is the best I have found. www.steelguitar.net

------------------
Stephen Winters
Sho-Bud Pro1
Peavey Deuce

Gere Mullican

Post by Gere Mullican »

I agree on Bobbe Seymour. He is straight, honest, knowledgeable, talented. I don't have the vocabulary to fully explain my confidence in Bobbe. And this is not a paid endorsement.
Gere
David Doggett
Location: Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)

Post by David Doggett »

Why look for one vendor? They all have different stuff. The market is so small and the cusomer needs so divergent, that none of them can stock it all. I have bought from Bobbe Seymour, Scotty's, Frenchy's, and parts from Ed Naylor. There are also some specialty items like pickups that are best bought directly from the manufacturer. Also many brands of pedal steel are only available from the manufacturer. It used to be that you were limited to the dealer geographicaly nearest to you. But the internet has changed all that. You can shop around and have access to a much wider variety of instruments and accessories than ever possible before.
Andy Alford

Post by Andy Alford »

Bobbe Seymour seems to have anything I need on his website.

Thanks,Andy
Peter

Post by Peter »

I found Al Brisco to be an excellent dealer. He is honest, efficient and the shipping is reasonable because he seems to work out a plan (some Nashville dealers don't). If there is a problem, Al has always come up with a solution. And he includes a huge catalog in the package, so you can browse at your ease.
http://www.steelguitarcanada.com/

------------------
<FONT SIZE=2 COLOR="#000000">Peter den Hartogh</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=0 COLOR="#008800">Emmons 1978 S10</FONT>-<FONT SIZE=0 COLOR="#0000ee">Fender Artist S10</FONT>-<FONT SIZE=0 color="#004400">Remington U12</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=0 COLOR="#ff0000">Hilton Volume Pedal</FONT>-<FONT SIZE=0 COLOR="#8e236b">Gibson BR4</FONT>-<FONT SIZE=0 COLOR="#008800">Guya "Stringmaster"</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=0 COLOR="#000000">MusicMan112RP</FONT>-<FONT SIZE=0 COLOR="#880000">Peavy Rage158</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=0>My Animation College in South Africa</FONT>

Roger Kelly

Post by Roger Kelly »

Bobbe Seymour.....is my choice.
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

Mine too ! Image
forrest klott

Post by forrest klott »

Two words...Harrison Music.

Danny and Regina Hullihen run a top notch outfit with outstanding customer service. I've never been treated anything but like family from them.

They're in northern Michigan, and their website is listed under vendors here in the link section.

Skeeter
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

<SMALL>I've never been treated anything but like family from them.</SMALL>
As long as it's not Manson Family.... Image
Bill Miller

Post by Bill Miller »

I've certainly had great service from Al Brisco in Colborne, Ontario. He has a very good selection of steel guitar related merchandise and he's very helpful and informative. I met Al in person at his store a few months ago and left there with not only some great new equipment but some valuable pointers on playing technique which have improved my playing. Just wish I lived nearer his location...I'd take lessons.
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Yes Al Brisco also has my vote, he is very good to deal with, and was able to get me some hard to come by parts for my MCI. Prices are very reasonable and his service is both great and quick !! Bobbe is also very helpful.
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

I've kept silent long enough on this topic.

But since you guys brought up Al and Bobbe...

Bobbe has always treated me more than fair and I'm happy to know him.

Al is a good friend and mentor and one of the reasons I am a Steeler.

These guys have 100 years combined experience. You won't go wrong with either of them.
Chuck McGill

Post by Chuck McGill »

I also recomend Bobbe Seymour if you can just
get by those ugly women he hires at the front
desk.
D Schubert

Post by D Schubert »

I have been very satisfied with any business I've done with Scotty's (St. Louis) or Bobbe Seymour's (Nashville).
Ray Minich

Post by Ray Minich »

Scotty's,
Bobbe Seymour (don't let the wife see his web page, she'll be jealous...)
Billy Cooper,
<SMALL> and has everything a player may need </SMALL>
I don't think yer gonna find that, I ain't been able to buy a good golf swing yet...
Cody Johnson

Post by Cody Johnson »

You can get steel guitar accessories and things somewhere other than Bobbe's?
Tim Bridges

Post by Tim Bridges »

I recently purchased a Derby D-10 from Charlie Strepp. Great guitar and good people. But, I have also done business with Bobbe, Herb Wallace, etc. What I have found is that for the most part, there are good guitars and good service with most of the forum dealers. If you read enough posts, you'll learn who and what to watch out for. Some dealers are 1-1.5 years out on delivery of your guitar after your deposit. That's part of it if that's the guitar you want. Others have faster turn around. It took me over a year to find the guitar and deal that met my needs. Go to a show and you'll get to see, play and hear these guitars played. That's where I bought my new Derby. And, I'm fully satisfied. Decide on the guitar, then understand what to expect from your dealer.
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

Herby's one of my favourites! He's been very helpful to me over the last few years, and I look forward to saying hello again to him in Chattanooga.

Besides, anyone who likes model trains has MY vote!

Roger R.
Don Lorusso

Post by Don Lorusso »

I found that Al Brisco gives great service and has everything a steel guitar player requires. Don
Kenny Dail

Post by Kenny Dail »

Billy Cooper, Orange Va.

------------------
kd...and the beat goes on...

George Crowder

Post by George Crowder »

Andy,
Billy Cooper's Music is the place to go. Billy and Wanda are great people to deal with. Check out their website: wwwbillycoopersmusic.com
Sonny Priddy

Post by Sonny Priddy »

Bobbie Seymour All The Way. SONNY.

------------------