Digitech 2120 processor??

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bob Carlucci

Digitech 2120 processor??

Post by Bob Carlucci »

anyone familiar??.. I heard they were quite good.
Anyone ever had or tried one??? bob
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
David Higginbotham

Post by David Higginbotham »

I had one years ago and they are good units. A little hard to set until you learn the specifics. I think Buddy Emmons used one years ago and had his settings listed somewhere. Also I think Darvin used one frequently and had some good info on them.
Ernie Renn

Post by Ernie Renn »

Buddy used the predecessor to the 2120, the 2112. You could modify the 2112 to 2120 specs. As far as I could tell the unit operation was about the same.

Preset: Peaceful Place

Preset: Peaceful 2
My best,
Ernie
www.BuddyEmmons.com
Patrick Ickes

Post by Patrick Ickes »

I have the 2112. The 2120 was the first of the series to incorporate knobs for quicker tweaking of certain parameters, ie master volume, reverb levels, etc. I remember reading that the 2112 is the best tone wise, so if that means anything to you...
I've never played through a 2120, so I can't say if they sound better or worse, but my 2112 sounds very good.
Of course, they're both full of 90s rock weird garbage, but their "basic" tone is awesome and the effects are first rate.
Pat
Doug Garrick

Post by Doug Garrick »

Larry Bell used to have a web page with a great bit of detail on setting up patches for a 2120.
-doug garrick
Larry Bell

Post by Larry Bell »

Still does
http://www.larrybell.org/id20.htm

I still use mine often

Holler if you have particular questions

Realize, Bob, that they haven't been mfgd for many years, but pristine used 2112s and 2120 (I've used both and they sound IDENTICAL to me -- same preamps and fx engine). DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME looking for a good factory preset -- MAKE YOUR OWN. My web page on that topic explains how.
Larry Bell - email: larry@larrybell.org - gigs - Home Page
My CD's: 'I've Got Friends in COLD Places' - 'Pedal Steel Guitar'
2021 Rittenberry S/D-12 8x7, 1976 Emmons S/D-12 7x6, 1969 Emmons S/D-12 6x6, 1971 Dobro, Quilter ToneBlock 202 TT-12
Patrick Ickes

Post by Patrick Ickes »

Larry's right about the 2112 and 2120. I was wrong as mine is the earlier 2101 model.
I'll check out Larry's link. Thanks.
Patrick
Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

Yes David, I used 2112's for about 12 or 13 years. I used this for effects and a preamp direct into the board at a large church, and monitored with in-ears. I had two in case one went down, but that never happened. The programming curve was a little steep, but it didn't take long. I had two or three steel patches, and others for acoustic and electric guitars. I would probably still have them but I quit that band about 3 years ago and had no use for them anymore.
Darvin Willhoite
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.
Bruce Zumsteg

Post by Bruce Zumsteg »

Does anyone repair these units (2112)? The display went blank on mine and I'm stuck on one preset. It's the best reverb and delay I've ever heard. PM or email me if you know of anyone.