Location of Serial Number on Wechter Sheerhorn?

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Jonathan Neher

Location of Serial Number on Wechter Sheerhorn?

Post by Jonathan Neher »

I'm doing an inventory for my insurance company and can't find the serial number on my Wechter Sheerhorn Rob Ickes model. Does anyone know where it is on the guitar?

Thanks,

Jon
email me at: jon at jonneher dot com
Zum Encore S10, Harbor Lights 8-string non-pedal, Asher Electro Hawaiian 1 6 string, Beard Dobros, Eastman Mandolin, '59 Tele, Ibanez John Scofield Semi-hollow body, Taylor 615ce, Martin and Yamaha Saxophones.
Joe Breeden

Post by Joe Breeden »

I don't have the Rob Ickes model, but my Wechter Scheerhorn has a tag inside the body of the guitar. The tag with the serial number is stuck on the back of the guitar. Mine has "F" holes and easy to see. You might have to take a screen cover off, or wait until you change strings.
Dane Carlson

Post by Dane Carlson »

I have a W/S 6510R and there's a label on the inside of the guitar, glued to the back. I can see it through the sound hole and it has the serial number.

If the ID label in yours isn't in the same location, it might have come loose and is somewhere floating around inside the body...
Jonathan Neher

Thanks Guys

Post by Jonathan Neher »

I'll poke around some more and see if I can
see farther back from the sound holes. Otherwise I won't worry about it for now as failing seeing it that way, I'd have to take the resonator out to look further.

Thanks for the info.

Jon
Zum Encore S10, Harbor Lights 8-string non-pedal, Asher Electro Hawaiian 1 6 string, Beard Dobros, Eastman Mandolin, '59 Tele, Ibanez John Scofield Semi-hollow body, Taylor 615ce, Martin and Yamaha Saxophones.