********"Mr. Nashville Sound"**********- Lloyd Green

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jack Hanson

Post by Jack Hanson »

Just gotta keep listening over and over, again and again.

Nice production by Russ Pahl, who knows a thing or two about how to make a steel guitar sound good.
Audie Shields

Post by Audie Shields »

Lloyd Green is such an inspiration to me as well as everybody else that listens to his music. His music is beautifully simple BUT, VERY COMPLEX !!. Thanks for putting this song out here for us to hear.
Neil Degraw

Post by Neil Degraw »

Lloyd Green has been and always will be my favourite steel player, and this number is another example of what can be done on this machine. With Lloyd, just when you think a note is finished, it goes in another three directions, like the cream on the cake. BEAUTIFUL SONG.
Neil
Larry Becker

Lloyd Green The White Light..

Post by Larry Becker »

If my memory serves me correctly, I first heard this song done by Lloyd back in about 1992.. I was attending Jeffran College in Nashville there, when Lloyd dropped into the class on a surprise visit( set up by Jeff, of course).. Lloyd was rehearsing some of his music for the Steel Guitar Convention , and This,, was one of the songs he played for our class...I haven't heard it since,, until now!! What an amazing piece of music, done only like Lloyd can do..His sound and technique are instantly recognizable.. There's no mistaking his playing.. It was quite a thrill and a privilege to have met such a humble and great musician and person.. It goes down as one of the most important and significant events in my lifetime, to have met and conversed with Lloyd..A true living legend .. Just my two cents worth..
Show Pro D10, 9&5, Boss RV3, Fender Steel King, Fender Twin,Fender Hot Rod De Ville ,Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Gibson '61 SG. Fender Studio DeLuxe lap steel,,'59 Fender Princeton amp..1973 MSA S12
Charley Hill

Post by Charley Hill »

Wow such nice commentary on this. I first got to know Lloyd when my friend Joe Turner attempted to help me with this monster called the Steel Guitar in the late 80s

Subsequently, I reached out to Lloyd to come play "our" show in SC. After much determined insistence that he come share his music with us, he accepted my offer.

I have never met a more genuine, nice person! Not to mention his lovely bride, Dot. The one who has been the driving force behind his success.

Both are great people and the epitome of great Americans!!
Traveler, Peddler and Extreme life lover. Giving up is not an option.
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

Charley, thanks for posting this one. After one listen It took me exactly 30 seconds to transfer the tune to my memory stick and it is now playing in my shop and car. Lloyd is one of those people who is full of surprises even if you think you heard everything by him. I don't know what else to say except that this is pure, rich and honest steel.
David Hartley

Hi

Post by David Hartley »

I think it's great. There are some great licks in there too to learn.
I'll have it on the ipad to play Christmas Day a few times.
Then stick some Christmas steel songs on also.
I hope there's a new video coming along soon to watch on YouTube.
:D