peavey pro fex 2 replacement?

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Shannon Bryant

peavey pro fex 2 replacement?

Post by Shannon Bryant »

I bought my dad a peavey profex 2 a while back , now its seemed to have kicked the bucket lol . I was wondering if peavey or any other company makes a processor similar to the pro fex 2, that takes a cashe card with the newmann settings? Any info is greatly appreciated!
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

The only thing, other than another old Profex II is the also discontinued Peavey Tubefex and Transtubefex.

I'm using a Line 6 POD X3 (also sadly discontinued) but it can act as a preamp and effects processor. Or, as I'm using it for effects only for live playing. I do have a preamp that I use for recording direct.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Michael Remming

Post by Michael Remming »

Shannon, another vote for the Transtube Fex it has a nice preamp section and has the card reader like the Profex. They are getting harder to find but Peavey still will do some repairs on them.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

About 7 years ago I sent my Transtube Fex to Peavey for repair. They did not have a motherboard (main board) so they took the board from Mike Brown's test system to repair mine.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Tommy Shown

Post by Tommy Shown »

Peavey in my opinion is notorious about this. They make an OUTSTANDING product, like the ProFex TubeFex, and Trans TubeFex processors, and then they QUIT making them. Same as the Session 400 and Session 500. Both, outstanding amps. They don't make them anymore. Steel players need these. Don't quit making them. Just make them BETTER! I have a ProFex, and I love it. Just wish I had a ProFex II. Or a TubeFex.
Just my humble opinion. Y'all. I tried a Digitech, and Quadraverb, the Digitech died and the Quadraverb, did not have true stereo.

Tommy Shown
Roy McKinney

Profex ll

Post by Roy McKinney »

I have two and one needs to go. PM me if your interested in discussing.
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

There is no replacement for the Peavy Profects II in my book. Great sounding units.

If yours bit the dust, it may be no more than a battery inside the unit or a simple fix of some kind anyway.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Bob Knight

Post by Bob Knight »

I have Profex IIs and Tubefexes with battery mods available for sale.

Bob :)
<b>Rick Johnson Cabinets<b>
<b>Brand X Custom Fiber Cases</b>
<b> John Pearse Thumb Picks, Bars and Strings</b>
"Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent."

— Steve Martin