help with a ZB

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Allan Todd

help with a ZB

Post by Allan Todd »

Hi
I am new to the forum and would like to be part of your unique and friendly "club "the wealth of experience and information is priceless.I am a ex pro 6st guitarist who has fallen under the spell of the pedal steel.
I recently bought a sorry looking ZB s10 custom 5+3 rodded for C6 tuning and dated kindly by Larry as a 1970 model s/n 0243.
Having stripped it down completely I want to
rerod it for E9 tuning, the problem is some of the rods are the wrong length even with the adjusters, is it still possible to buy these rods and if so do they come in set lengths or can they be cut and bent to suit
I would like to rod it as standard E9 on pedals1,2,& 3 and would appreciate some help as to rodding 4&5 also the best configuration for the three knee levers,
the pots on the end plate are both acting as tone controls is this right or should one be a volume.
The aprons which were once a bright translucent blue are now almost black with lots of dings, so I am about to strip them back to bare wood and redo which means losing the decal (Greg may I mail you as regards this )any tips on this would be welcome, one more thing has anyone compiled a manual covering the ZB!
Thanks a lot guys
Allan
ZB S10, Emmons black rock, JBL vibrosonic,

------------------
allandot@todd57.fsnet.co.uk
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Greg Jones is the man to talk to on this.