Eminence EPS -12 for Peavey Nashville 112!!!

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Chris Grotewohl

Great

Post by Chris Grotewohl »

Wholly Crap Folks, What a change in sound with this speaker. I had a hard time with the 112 studs and the nuts and got enough on to secures it. Had to peal the backing off etc..but well worth it. Can't believe the sound, waiting for a POD RV tank also. It dramatically changed the amp settings. I go thru a DD3 and curious what every else is using as far as their amp settings with this. Seems hotter than it was. Thanks, Chris
mike nolan

Post by mike nolan »

I installed the Telonics version the other day. I did pull the chassis and reverb bag, but I probably didn't have to. There was a lot of dust and other detritus in there as this is a 10 year old amp. It was time for a good vacuuming and reseating of the various chips and connectors. I work on amps all the time, so this wasn't a big deal... a half hour or so.

The speaker does make an immediate and obvious difference in the amp. I always suspected this because with different really good headphones I could tell that the eq section had a lot more range than it seemed when listening through the speaker. (and I'm talking about headphones in the $800.00 to $1,000.00 range) The amp still has that Peavey je nais se quoi, but now, it is easier to dial in usable tones.

My 112 had a US manufactured Accutronics long 3 spring reverb pan when I got it, so it always sounded good.
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Not the same speaker as the Eminence EPS-12C.
mike nolan

Post by mike nolan »

Nope, not the same, but I do own and use both, and I find that they are similar....in a same family kind of way.
Tommy White

Post by Tommy White »

After using the Eminence EPS-12C speakers in both of my Peavey Nashville 112 amps for several months I can say, they are the most durable and best sounding I've played through to date. To have JBL sound quality at 1/3 the weight with %100 reliability has made me an avid Eminence believer and fan.
Ken Campbell

Post by Ken Campbell »

Yep. I did as you suggested and added Fox mods, and an EPS-C to my 112. Great sound, lightweight, and durable as heck. Thanks Tommy!
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Eminence is the new JBL as far as steel speakers are concerned. They actually have some former JBL management on their staff. The EPS-15 and 12 series went through extensive computer design and field testing before they were released. They are both specifically designed for steel guitar applications. This is why Quilter uses them in their amps and one reason their sound so good. They ain't cheap, but they are the best. Email me for price if you are interested.
Jay Ganz

Post by Jay Ganz »

Quilter actually uses an Eminence made to their own specs.
Daniel Newsome

Post by Daniel Newsome »

Tommy what Mod reverb tank did you use in your 112?
Lee Warren

Post by Lee Warren »

Hi Daniel,
here's a quote from Tommy's posting:
"... Part model # 9EB2C1B ... purchased from Amplified Parts."
I hope this helps.
Lee
Daniel Newsome

EPS 12 C install

Post by Daniel Newsome »

The way I installed the speaker, disconnect speaker wires. There are 3 nuts on each side of the speaker. I used a 3 eights deep well socket. Once u Remove them U can pull front grill with speaker attached to grill. Then u have easy access to remove the speaker. Then I used a C clamp to compress the gasket to start the nuts. Then put grill and speaker back in the amp as 1 unit. Took about 20 minutes, Hope this can help someone.
Dennis Lee

NV112 settings

Post by Dennis Lee »

This is such a long post now, and it would take too much time to ferret through everything that has been written. I have had the EPS-12C in my NV112, and believe I like the sound better, but what settings are most acceptable to those that have made these changes? Mr. Tommy White? Anyone?
Thanks,
Dennis
Lynn Martin

NV 112 spkr.upgrade

Post by Lynn Martin »

wondering if the speaker upgrade and mod reverb would make the 112 a little more "telecaster friendly". Any opinions?
Dave O'Brien

Eps-12c

Post by Dave O'Brien »

I installed one in one of my Peavey Special 112's! (160W) It made it into a monster - I have a Scorpion in one and thought it couldn't be beat but I'm getting another EPS-12C.
Dave O'Brien
Emmons D-10, CMI D-10, Fender Deluxe Reverb, PV 112, Fender Pro Reverb
www.myspace.com/daveobrienband
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

In stock. Email me for Forum member price.
Didi Waechtler

EMINENCE EPS 12 C 4 repl. for Peavey Nashville 1000

Post by Didi Waechtler »

I think about to replace the orig.speaker in my Peavey Nashville 1000 with a EMINENCE EPS 12 C 4 OHM.

Would I get a same good result like with the NV112 I can read here a lot ??
ZUM D-10 8/8,WBS S-10/E9/C6,Carter SD10, SGI D-10/S-10,Peavey NV1000,2xNV112,2xSession 400,Session 500,NV400,Peavey MX,Evans Combo,Gallien Krueger MB 200,Peavey 112 Cabinets,Kush Case 115 Cabinets, MB-Studiopreamp, 2xPack a seat, Elite seat

[url=http://www.dietmar-waechtler.de]
</A>
didisteel@aol.com
Tommy White

Post by Tommy White »

Didi,
Yes, the EPS should sound great in the 1000. They have a tighter sound than the original Peavey speakers. Really a nice upgrade for less weight, variety and less midrange tone.
Last edited by Tommy White on 5 Dec 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Didi Waechtler

Post by Didi Waechtler »

Tommy, thanks for your feedback. I'm really happy with the springreverb mod you wrote here and I'll order the eminence speaker for sure.
Greetings from Germany
Dietmar Waechtler
www.dietmar-waechtler.de
Steven Welborn

Post by Steven Welborn »

I am looking forward to swapping out the N112 stock for either the EPS or Telonics. I always thought the N112 somewhat too compressed and 'fudgy' sounding which others might be calling midrange 'honk'. Always wanted to get more top end out of this amp. Anyone A/B'd the EPS and Telonics and able to notice much difference between the two?
Didi Waechtler

Post by Didi Waechtler »

Tommy White wrote:Didi,
Yes, the EPS should sound great in the 1000. They have a tighter sound than the original Peavey speakers. Really a nice upgrade for less weight, variety and less midrange tone.
Hi Tommy, I thought in my Nashville 1000 is a 12 inch Speaker but I'm wrong. I found out my Peavey Nash. 1000 have orig. a 15 inch Speaker. Sounded for my like a 12inch Speaker. I plan the change with Eminence Speaker. Do you have a idea what Eminence Speaker Modell would be the best for my amp ? Thanks !
Tommy White

Post by Tommy White »

Didi,
The Eminence EPS 15 will be the perfect speaker for your Nashville 1000.
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

Mike Johnson put an Eminence EPS 15 in his Peavey Ltd amp quite some time ago, and loves the tone that comes out of that speaker. Like Tommy, Mike is a real tone hound, and wouldn't put one of these speakers in his amp unless it made a positive difference.

Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Didi Waechtler

Post by Didi Waechtler »

Thanks Tommy for the quick response, thanks Ken,
that's a big help.
I love this forum :)
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

I recently put a Telonics 15" into my LTD400. The amp came to life and the cabinet lost about 8 lbs. I will probably put one in a Webb 614-GP I possess.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

I put two 12" Telonics speakers in my Peavey Valve King and dropped the weight by 15 pounds. I can't believe it is the same amp. My Webb 614-E also has a Telonics 15" in there, and I had a Black Widow Neo in it previously. The Telonics has less mids, and is even lighter than the BW Neo. I thought that the JBL sound was extinct for newer amps, but it is alive and kicking. Eminence are to be applauded for the great work that they are doing.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,