Need A Good Chorus Pedal

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bob Snelgrove

Need A Good Chorus Pedal

Post by Bob Snelgrove »

Must have true bypass. Don't need stereo. Just a subtle, warm sounding unit.

thx

bob
Noel Welsh

Post by Noel Welsh »

Analogman makes a nice chorus pedal. It is a true bypass and sounds great.
it is also very well built. Mine has the optional mix/blend knob which allows you to control how much chorus effect you want in your mix.You can check it out at
analogman.com
Mullen G2 SD10, Nashville 400 and 112
Steel Guitar Black Box,
Hilton Pedal,Sarno V8 Pre Amp,Benado Steel Dream
Bob Snelgrove

Post by Bob Snelgrove »

Noel Welsh wrote:Analogman makes a nice chorus pedal. It is a true bypass and sounds great.
it is also very well built. Mine has the optional mix/blend knob which allows you to control how much chorus effect you want in your mix.You can check it out at
analogman.com
Thanks, Noel. Will do.

bob
Darrel Roberts

Post by Darrel Roberts »

Might want to try the MS- 50g. Been using it for a year now and am quite satisfied. I know it's a multi effects stomp, but I've tried others, Pod, Pod XT, the choruses sounded pretty much like the Space Station Mir no matter the setting, the distortion/ overdrives sounded like wasps, reverbs sounded like Star Wars, but after fiddling around with it I've got a comfortable 70s sound, a nice Lindley sound, and a couple others using choruses. It's got a hand full of them. Got to admit I don't just play classic country, I love it but the psg is capable of more and I'm not good at staying in a box, but it's at a good price and if you don't mind experimenting it's got some very usable stuff along with some I'd never use. If you want chorus only there are some great ones out there. Just thought I'd throw in some food for thought. Let the feedback begin.
Bob Snelgrove

Post by Bob Snelgrove »

Darrel Roberts wrote:Might want to try the MS- 50g. Been using it for a year now and am quite satisfied. I know it's a multi effects stomp, but I've tried others, Pod, Pod XT, the choruses sounded pretty much like the Space Station Mir no matter the setting, the distortion/ overdrives sounded like wasps, reverbs sounded like Star Wars, but after fiddling around with it I've got a comfortable 70s sound, a nice Lindley sound, and a couple others using choruses. It's got a hand full of them. Got to admit I don't just play classic country, I love it but the psg is capable of more and I'm not good at staying in a box, but it's at a good price and if you don't mind experimenting it's got some very usable stuff along with some I'd never use. If you want chorus only there are some great ones out there. Just thought I'd throw in some food for thought. Let the feedback begin.
Thanks, Darrel

Will do. BTW, the analogman box does sound nice, especially with the mix. Pretty pricey, tho!

bob
Bob Snelgrove

Post by Bob Snelgrove »

Darrel Roberts wrote:Might want to try the MS- 50g. Been using it for a year now and am quite satisfied. I know it's a multi effects stomp, but I've tried others, Pod, Pod XT, the choruses sounded pretty much like the Space Station Mir no matter the setting, the distortion/ overdrives sounded like wasps, reverbs sounded like Star Wars, but after fiddling around with it I've got a comfortable 70s sound, a nice Lindley sound, and a couple others using choruses. It's got a hand full of them. Got to admit I don't just play classic country, I love it but the psg is capable of more and I'm not good at staying in a box, but it's at a good price and if you don't mind experimenting it's got some very usable stuff along with some I'd never use. If you want chorus only there are some great ones out there. Just thought I'd throw in some food for thought. Let the feedback begin.
Does it have total bypass?

bob
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

I have used a Boss chorus over the years. Boss makes a real neat case that has room for 3 effect pedals. I have one with a reverb pedal, an delay pedal and a chorus pedal.
Just the essentials a steel player needs.
Darrel Roberts

Post by Darrel Roberts »

It does. Didn't like any of the presets, but once you go to the effects themselves, and start playing with them you can get some nice stuff. If you get that far, I'll look and see which chorus I'm using.
Bob Snelgrove

Post by Bob Snelgrove »

Darrel Roberts wrote:It does. Didn't like any of the presets, but once you go to the effects themselves, and start playing with them you can get some nice stuff. If you get that far, I'll look and see which chorus I'm using.
Watching some youtubes, very impressive!

Can you store your own patches (combos)?

thx

bob
Darrel Roberts

Post by Darrel Roberts »

Yeah. You can have up to six effects in a chain and you can swap the order they're in easily. Even pretty easy to adjust on the fly, say if you want to tweak the chorus or eq in a patch once you're used to it. I made a gadget to attach it to the psg leg or mic stand if I'm playing acoustic.
Brad Sarno

Post by Brad Sarno »

Keep it ANALOG!

B
Darrel Roberts

Post by Darrel Roberts »

Or whatever your ears like.
Bob Snelgrove

Post by Bob Snelgrove »

Brad Sarno wrote:Keep it ANALOG!

B
Talk to me, then!

Gotta have true bypass, tho!

bob
Walter Killam

Post by Walter Killam »

I'm a fan of the MXR Micro Chorus
Mostly junque with a few knick-knacks that I really can't do without!
Darrel Roberts

Post by Darrel Roberts »

That is a good one Walter. Like I said, there are are a bunch of good ones out there. This was just my experience with this stomp. I've had compliments on my sound with it and it's user friendly to me. I'm not a wire dog by any means. Find what works for you. No effect will make you a better player and I'm not trying to sell anything. Was just my opinion.
Bob Snelgrove

Post by Bob Snelgrove »

Darrel Roberts wrote:That is a good one Walter. Like I said, there are are a bunch of good ones out there. This was just my experience with this stomp. I've had compliments on my sound with it and it's user friendly to me. I'm not a wire dog by any means. Find what works for you. No effect will make you a better player and I'm not trying to sell anything. Was just my opinion.

I ordered the Zoom from Amazon. Saw it had a mod delay which I like.

Send me your patches!

bob