Kansas(KSGA) Players Time Schedule

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

ray qualls

Kansas(KSGA) Players Time Schedule

Post by ray qualls »

Friday,Oct.3,2014
12:00-12:30 Paul Troop
12:35-1:05 Glen Vaughn
1:15-1:45 Rick Miller
1:50-2:20 Johnny Rose
2:25-2:55 Dick Hitchcock
3:00-3:30 Wes Medlen
3:35-4:05 Curt Shoemaker
4:10-4:40 Dewain Maye
4:45-5:15 Jerry Foster
5:20-5:50 Ray Jenkins
6:00-6:30 Janet Wise
6:35-7:05 Ron Symank
7:10-7:40 Benny Haynes
7:45-8:15 Lee Ogle
8:20-8:50 Doug Hudson
8:55-9:25 Larry Tolliver
9:30-10:00 Fred-Austin
Mike-Bob
Saturday Oct. 4,2012

9:00-9;30 Rick Miller
9:35-10:05 Dewain Maye
10:10-10:40 Jerry Foster
10:45-11:15 Ray Jenkins
11:20-11:50 Dick Hitchcock
11:55-12:25 Lonnie Detmer
12:30-1:00 Scotty Henderson
1:05-1:35 Ron Frederiksen
1:40-2:10 Doug Hudson
2:15-2:45 Terry Wood
2:50-3:20 Larry Tolliver
3:25-3:55 Mike Beasley
4:00-4:30 Ron Symank
4:35-5:05 Corky Davis
5:10-5:40 Larry Gerdeman
5:45-6:15 Austin Stewart
6:20-6:50 Gene Crain
6:55-7:25 Bob DeMoss
7:30-8:00 Mike McGee
8:05-8:35 Jerry Newberry
8:40-9:10 Fred Justice
9:15-9:45 Janet Wise

Sunday, Oct 5,2014

9:00-9:50 The Hanleys
9:55-10:25 Fred Justice
10:35-11:05 Gene Crain
11:10-11:40 Scotty Henderson
11:45-12:15 Bob DeMoss
12:20-12:50 Larry Garrett
12:55-1:25 Mike McGee
1:30-2:00
2:05-2:35 Keith Hilton
2:40-3:10 Jerry & Austin
3:15-3:45 Marty Neer
Play times subject to change.
Last edited by ray qualls on 26 Sep 2014 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ray Qualls
Member(KSGA)
Inducted into KSGA
Steel Guitar Hall of Fame 2008
Jerry Foster

KSGA show

Post by Jerry Foster »

Thanks Ray for my time slots, that will work perfect for me. we are really looking forward to seeing everyone, take care & God Bless. Jerry & Dee F.
Ray Jenkins

Post by Ray Jenkins »

Wow I follow the other old gummer!!! :D :o Can't wait to see my buddy Jerry F.
Steeling is still legal in Arizona
Fred Justice

What Fun It Will Be

Post by Fred Justice »

Ray that is a very well rounded schedule, kinda like me, "well rounded"
Seriously, I know how much work it is to put a show together and I just want to thank you buddy for all your hard work.

Its gonna be a great weekend, all the way from the river party on Thursday to the last note Marty Neer hits on Sunday afternoon.

I encourage everyone that can, to make it to this show, its a goodern. God bless and drive careful.
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Fred Justice

Paramedics

Post by Fred Justice »

Ray I forgot to mention, you'll need to reserve a place out front for the Paramedics to park their truck.
When Keith and Mike lock horns I'm afraid ole Keith is going to need lots of bandages and some looken after. :lol:
ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

Fred, the police station is only a block from the show and my nephew is a policeman. I've got the duel covered and I view history being made in Baxter Springs. Ray
Ray Qualls
Member(KSGA)
Inducted into KSGA
Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

Thriller in Manilla, Rope A Dope, Fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee! If I do win this contest Mike, may I call you Mikey Boy? Fred, have a little confidence in me,the songs will be about divorce,cheating,drinking,and she done me wrong. :lol:
Douglas Hudson

Post by Douglas Hudson »

This is gonna be a show to remember!!! Can't wait!!!
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Hey Keith, which one of these is yours buddy?

Bill Dobkins

Re: KSGA show

Post by Bill Dobkins »

Jerry Foster wrote:Thanks Ray for my time slots, that will work perfect for me. we are really looking forward to seeing everyone, take care & God Bless. Jerry & Dee F.
Jerry, I know you wanted me to work with you on your set but I've decided since I wasn't invited this year, It's just not feasible for me to come. Thanks for your confidence in me. You have a great time and tell everyone hi.
BD
Custom Rittenberry SD10
Boss Katana 100 Amp
Positive Grid Spark amp
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
Dick Hitchcock

Post by Dick Hitchcock »

Ray, Lee, and everyone connected to this great Show. We are so happy to be here, Can't wait to see the battle of the E9th tunings...Thank the powers that be that they have put me on much earlier. Granny and I are looking forward to a great playoff.....Sorry Keith, but I have been a Mike McGee fan since I heard him play the Lord's Prayer in KC 3 years ago...
No one will lose at this because what we do, there can't be any losers....Too much fun....See you there!!
Justice Pro Lite 4x5.... NV112.... Steel seat.
Rick Nicklas

Post by Rick Nicklas »

Keith, be sure to get a good Ben-Gay rubdown before the rumble. You want to be loose and mentally acute so try and get a power-nap in the parking lot at least an hour before your match. Try to keep Mike off the C6th neck and if he gets you tied up against the ropes, slip some "Mooney and Emmons" styles in to get the crowd and judges on your side. I doubt if you win this one but I would like to see it go to a decision if you are able to go a couple of rounds without throwing in the towel. :D
Joe Naylor

We leave a week from today

Post by Joe Naylor »

We will be leavin AZ a week from today.

This is a great show ---- lots of great players --- great friends ------ great fellowship ---- great food.

Just a great time all the way around.

:D

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

Fred, I would like the gold one on the left. When Mike and I lock horns--I am not expecting to get any of my horns torn off. Dick, Mike and I have been the best of friends for many years. But as they say--In love and war! It will be a war when we lock horns--I guarantee it. Now Ricky boy, I figured you would put your money on Mikey boy. Instead of Ben Gay I may bring some Preparation H, just in case someone needs it. This is all E9th Rick, I already know Mike can eat me alive on C6th. You said to resort to Mooney and Emmons. Emmons was Mike's hero, so that won't work. Throwing in some Mooney might work. Rick, I guarantee I won't be going down in a couple of rounds. I will be upright picking my steel for a solid 30 minutes. Rick, you heard that pecan colored Emmons Guitar I played at the Branson Show. Mike will need to strap on a seat belt. :lol:
Fred Justice

Hair

Post by Fred Justice »

Keith I don't know if either one of those will fit Mike, he has so much hair. :lol:

On a serious note, its getting close folks.
Joe Naylor is going to pick me up at 5:00 AM Monday morning and we'll be on our way.
I get a break from driving on this trip and that's gonna feel rather strange since I'm used to driving on all the trips I been on.
Were coming back a day early this year to spend a little quality time with Mike & Mary McGee.
I don't get to see my buddy as often as I have in the past, so were gonna fix that.

I've had several people email me about the river party on Thursday afternoon.
Looks like were gonna have just a great time down by the river side. :D everyone is welcome.

Well you all drive safe getten there, see ya soon.
Joe Naylor

well maybe

Post by Joe Naylor »

Maybe I will be way over there Fred at 5 or so - more than likely or so with my record :)

I think that is about half way to Baxter :)

Joe
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Scott Henderson

Post by Scott Henderson »

Wasn't planning on coming but we haven't seen our Baxter friends in a while so thought we would stop by and say howdy......
D-10 JCH Dekley U-12 D-8 Magnatone Mullen RP Evans RE 200 profex 2 BJS bars
Dentyne gum (peppermint)
Leland Ogle

Post by Leland Ogle »

You and Teresa are always welcome. Glad you are going to be here.
Lee
Douglas Hudson

Post by Douglas Hudson »

Looking forward to seeing you two!!!
Joe Naylor

new announcment

Post by Joe Naylor »

steelseats has a new product (two posts on Joe Naylor facebook )

Tube Preamp - This unit is handmade and hand-wired. The low noise circuit utilizes a Darlington preamp to push cascaded triode vacuum tubes into distortion. This unit utilizes dual triode vacuum tubes, which provides a warm bloom sound. Tubes can be swapped to create a wide range of tones. A boost switch provides an additional layer of flexibility with added gain and a little extra bottom end. An LED indicator lights up when the pedal is engaged and not in true bypass mode. 9VDC Power Supply included (no battery option included due to the considerable current required)
Available in different configurations vertical Knob and switch for Steel-Amp or horizontal conventional switch and Knobs on top for floor / effects box.

size 4.6 length x 3.6 wide x 1.3 high weight 0.9 lbs

This is of course the prototype.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Last edited by Joe Naylor on 26 Sep 2014 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred Justice

Wow

Post by Fred Justice »

Looks interesting Joe, I can't wait to try one out at the show. :D
Joe Naylor

thanks

Post by Joe Naylor »

By the time we get to the show I will have some memory sticks with some samples on them to allow people to hear the difference.

I have tried it with guitars and steel guitar, etc.

It gives you that warm tube sound and it is adjustable.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

Fred, I heard though the grapevine Mike Magee is getting really nervious about locking horns with me. I hope he doesn't resort to drinking "tuning fluid" to settle his nerves. Someone told me when my name was mentioned, he saw Mike pump his 2nd pedal 15 times in a row quickly. I guess he is trying to learn some Ralph Mooney stuff before the show down! He also said Mike was talking real fast in a high pitched voice when a guy ask him about him locking horns in Baxter Springs. :lol:
Jerry Roller

Surgery Thursday October 2nd, 8:00 AM *Must Cancel*

Post by Jerry Roller »

Ray, I have been having health issues for about three months and just learned today that I will be having surgery next Thursday morning. Because of this it is necessary that I cancel my appearance on your show. I am sorry to have to do this and I hope you will understand and let me come next year.
Jerry
ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

Jerry, sorry that you can;t make it to the show. Wishing you the best with your health issues. See you next year. Ray
Ray Qualls
Member(KSGA)
Inducted into KSGA