MSA Classic 1974 Make an offer, it's time to sell. SOLD

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Kim Turnbull

MSA Classic 1974 Make an offer, it's time to sell. SOLD

Post by Kim Turnbull »

MSA Classic, excellent, like new condition, virtually unmarked and unmolested other than volume pot has slightly bent shaft. 5 pedals, 4 knee levers with factory set-up, copedent and string gauge per MSA owners manual. ABS case in great shape. Serial no. C29**. $1600. plus freight.
Last edited by Kim Turnbull on 2 Oct 2014 7:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Alvin Douglas

Post by Alvin Douglas »

I have the identical guitar. I learned that it was born March 25th, 1974. S/N C2154. Hope this helps you narrow it down.
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, Gibson Les Paul Standard, Quilter MicroPro 8.
Kim Turnbull

Post by Kim Turnbull »

Thanks Alvin. Based on this forum thread (http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... f43797e583) it appears 1C2167 was made in Mar '74 and 1C3710 in Nov '74. That squares with your info, mine appears to have been made later that year.

Also, forgot to mention this one has the Bud Carter signed manufacturing certificate attached.

Kim Turnbull

Price change, shipping included. Or trade bait ?

Post by Kim Turnbull »

Price change to $1500 with shipping to continental USA or Canada included. I'd also consider a trade involving either a Martin acoustic or a U.S. made Telecaster. Thanks for having a look.
Kim Turnbull

Offers?

Post by Kim Turnbull »

TTT. Any offers? Will extend 24 hr. return privilege (buyer pays return freight) if you're not satisfied with the condition as described.
Todd Pertll

Post by Todd Pertll »

Do you know the weight in the case and the dimensions of the case?

thanks,

todd
Kim Turnbull

Post by Kim Turnbull »

Hi Todd. The guitar plus case weighs 66 1/2 lbs. (guitar 39.6, case 26.9) Case dimensions are 38" x 10" x 14" tall. Thanks for the inquiry.
Terry Winter

Post by Terry Winter »

Kim, That is a gorgeous MSA. Good price and nice guitar, should sell soon!!
Wayne Ledbetter

Nice

Post by Wayne Ledbetter »

Mr. Turn bull:
I don't know much. But thought I would comment. I like the looks of this guitar. Surely someone out there that wants a single to downsize because of weight will consider this. Thought I would make positive statement .
Sho Bud Super Pro, Fender Twin Reissue, Martin HD-28, Gibson J-45, Gibson RB-250,Stelling Bellflower,Regal Dobro, Takamine and Alvarez Classical, Fender Telecaster, Peavey Studio Pro 112. Mainly played Gospel and some bluegrass.
Chris Brooks

Post by Chris Brooks »

I agree with Wayne. C'mon, new steeler--snap this solid machine up!

Chris
Sandro Rocco

Post by Sandro Rocco »

Bump for these guitars....I've had a MSA Classic S10 in the past and loved it so much I went out and found a D10 Classic.
Kim Turnbull

Post by Kim Turnbull »

Terry, Wayne, Chris, Sandro

Thanks to all for the hearty endorsement for this wonderful guitar. Good news is that it spent most of its life under a bed, thus the great shape. Bad news is it spent most of its life under a bed, instead of being played and enjoyed.
Rick Troyer

Post by Rick Troyer »

I have a 97 American Fender Tele with HD case if you're interested. It's trad sunburst with Pearl guard.Excellent shape . Plays and sounds great! Can send pics if you're interested.
Rick