Joel Martin

Let's hear some reports!!!!

Post by Joel Martin »

!!!
1968 ZB D11
1965 Vibrolux Reverb
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Beautiful hotel, nice rooms, nice ballroom,,,i think everything is first class, and, i have heard some great steel playing...great show, i am glad i came...
Zum Encore, Pedalmaster D10, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, 1976 Ibanez, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, Boss Kamatra 100, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
Darrell Birtcher

Post by Darrell Birtcher »

Don't forget your boo-wah pedal next year Larry. (sorry folks....inside joke)
Charley Hill

Post by Charley Hill »

Great time.....enjoy seeing all the players and people I haven't seen in years. Great to be in St Louis.
Traveler, Peddler and Extreme life lover. Giving up is not an option.
Don Lanier

st louis

Post by Don Lanier »

Load in setup sound heck and the show has been flawless so far, a bad cord, a spring on a steel broken, but musically it's been fun, Johnny bush and Leona and rons show with Johnny far in a was great, incredible players and singers, I think that was the best Johnny bush show, the Japanese guys did a great show, doug Jernigan and russ hicks Wow....and today's jazz show, something for everyone.
Jack Strayhorn

Post by Jack Strayhorn »

Someone is drunk!! 2:45PM
Don Lanier

Phone reporting

Post by Don Lanier »

Typing from my phone....
Don Lanier

Johnny farina

Post by Don Lanier »

Johnnys killing it with his second set good crowd and fun night.
Don Lanier

Lynn Owsley and Billy Robinson

Post by Don Lanier »

These guys do the most patriotic heartfelt set love them both, there Patriotism is inspiring.
James Stewart Jr

Post by James Stewart Jr »

I'm sitting here in Vero Beach,Florida------Damn the sound is great and I feel like I'm right there........
And I wish I was~~~~~~~~~ Listening on Steel Radio.Com
1975 Sho~Bud Pro III Custom (8-7)
1981 Peavey Session 500
Tom Mossburg

Post by Tom Mossburg »

I was there for Fridays show. I thought it was really good. Great Hotel, My only complaint is I wish there were more eateries within walking distance, but hotel food was good. I thought everyone did a great job with their sets. Good seeing players I hadn't seen before. They were right on the money with the sound system, not a bad seat in the house. I believe the guitar player in the staff band Dino was one of the best I ever heard. He needs to be encouraged to put his own CD out. Bass player was also really good. Paul and Roy, well what would a steel show be without them?
MSA Studio Pro U-12 x 2, Telonics
Earnest Bovine

Post by Earnest Bovine »

So who was the most innovative player this year, the most outside-the-box?
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

Earnest Bovine wrote:So who was the most innovative player this year, the most outside-the-box?
The amazing Dave Easley would get my nomination. Authentic modern jazz, not the warmed over Benny Goodman stuff that most steel players, including your humble correspondent, offer to our constituents.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Oh, yeah, if the criterion is "innovation", then there's no doubt: Easley Does It.
Don Lanier

Show

Post by Don Lanier »

The first Marriott Show went over pretty well, there were a few things that well improve and Mike and Staff sis a Great job, we were all exhausted on Sunday going home, My favorite part of the show....I really enjoyed Russ Hicks stuff and show, His and Doug J interations and singers...but I liked the Jazz, I enjoyed Jonathan Culliphers show and would like to see these young guys get more BIG STAGE time....I brought over my Buddy Bob Heil who enjoyed the show and paid us a HUGE compliment, when he said great sound, I was truly humbled...we worked hard to improve each year and next year well do it better again....

To all of YOU who come to the ISGC and share yourselves and your style, Grace and Freindship my life is better for it, I enjoy your music, and look forward to being there for it ...

I thing we need a BBQ Buffet, available in room....better food choices, , rooms were great, short walk to the bathroom, Some changes are forthcoming now that we see how it FITS....

Thanks for another great year...STEELERS.