? on Oaho acoustic lap guitar

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Jay L. Taylor

? on Oaho acoustic lap guitar

Post by Jay L. Taylor »

I am looking for info on this lap guitar. It is a square neck with herringbone around the soundhole and edge of body. It has a nice acoustic tone. Is it worth $250.00? Did another company make it. Etc. Thanks for any help you can offer. Jay T
Jim Landers

Post by Jim Landers »

Jay, I have an Oahu accoustic square neck that sounds exactly the same as what you are describing. It has the same binding etc. I don't think Oahu made any of they're own instruments. My best guess would be that it was either made by Harmony or Regal.

I think that $250 sounds a little on the high side though. You can find them pretty regularly on E-Bay for quite a bit less, depending on what condition they are in.

The one I have is a really nice sounding guitar, but it does'nt have as much volume as I would like. I guess I could put a pick-up in it and it would be O.K., but I'm not sure it would be worth it.

I'm thinking of putting mine on E-Bay, and if I get around $150 for it I'll be satisfied, and it even has the original case that is in fair condition.

Jim
Jay L. Taylor

Post by Jay L. Taylor »

Jim, Thanks for the information. I am surprised that the guitar is not worth more. I have noticed the prices of weissenborns going through the roof. I know that they are different in that they have a hollow neck but $2,000 for one of those seems crazy. Thanks again. Jay T.