Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Henry

Buddy Emmons Tribute Page on the First I.S.G.C. 1977

Post by Henry »

https://www.facebook.com/buddy.e.tributepage

Scotty's Story about the first I.S.G.C. 1977

http://youtu.be/2VYDGchmUH0?list=UUTPrz ... msUdoH-cWQ

Buddy Emmons Tribute Page Roger ,,,,,,(or who else ,,?),,,,,,, can you help me with the names,,?for shure 5=Scotty,6=Jerry Byrd,7=Jimmy Day,8=Jeff Newman,9=Maurice Anderson,10=Hall Rugg,11=Bobby White,12=Jelle Biel,,,,,,18=Randy Beavers(?),19=Zane Beck(?), 20=Zane King(?),21=Buddy Emmons,22=Speedy West,23=Koos Biel,,,,,26=Bobby Caldwell
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

Number 3 looks like Bobbe Seymour, 4 might be Red Rhodes, and 27 is definitely Winnie Winston.
robert kramer

Post by robert kramer »

4 = Red Rhodes, 8 = Mike Smith, 14 = Dale Potter, 15 = Ric Boyer, 16 = Don Buzzard
B. Greg Jones

Post by B. Greg Jones »

#17 is Chubby Howard
Frank Freniere

Post by Frank Freniere »

Great stuff.

Is Scotty working on his memoirs?
L. A. Wunder

Post by L. A. Wunder »

#20 is 12-year-old Blake Fougresse he was Zane Beck's protege at the time, and predates Zane King by several years.
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

L. A. Wunder wrote:#20 is 12-year-old Blake Fougresse he was Zane Beck's protege at the time, and predates Zane King by several years.
Anybody know what happened to him? I'd never heard of him and just googled his name but came up with nothing except this very thread...
L. A. Wunder

Post by L. A. Wunder »

Sorry Mr. Cohen, I misspelled his last name. It's spelled Fougrousse,, I just checked and he has a Facebook page and it looks like he's still playing.
Bob Alloway

Post by Bob Alloway »

I'm pretty sure # 13 is Kenny Kitching from Australia
'93 Zumsteel 9x9, Fender 400, Peavey Session 400, Fender SteelKing, Goodrich,Boss, Peterson,'76 USA Tele,'88 USA Strat, '61 Gretsch Anniversary.
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

Could number one be Bruce Zumstead, sure looks like him. Great picture
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

Jim Cohen wrote:
L. A. Wunder wrote:#20 is 12-year-old Blake Fougresse he was Zane Beck's protege at the time, and predates Zane King by several years.
Anybody know what happened to him? I'd never heard of him and just googled his name but came up with nothing except this very thread...
Jim, I haven't seen or heard from Blake since probably 1988 but can tell you that he is one fine picker and fast as lightning and a really nice guy.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Bob Wood

Post by Bob Wood »

In case anybody is interested..., I got this info from Terry Wood who was there that day when this picture was taken and he says that this is a list of the people in this picture, now I haven't broken them down by the numbers in the picture above! It was posted on Facebook by Snow Jewel White, Bob White's daughter on her Facebook page.....

front row left to right: first 2 unidenfied; guitar player young Bobby Caldwell, Winnie Winston. Second row left to right: Chubby Howard, young Randy Beavers, Zane Beck, Dale Potter fiddle with White Cowboy hat. Kid young Blake Forugesse, Buddy Emmons, Koos Beil Holland Steel Guitarist, young Rick Boyer Bass with Black Cowboy hat. Ken Kitching Australian Steel Guitarist with Yellow Hawaiian shirt. 3rd back row left to right: Guitar or dulcimer player on crutches broke leg with Winnie Winston that day. Next guy unknown, Herb Remington, Red Rhodes, Scotty, Jerry Byrd blue Hawaiian shirt standing behind his stand up non pedal ShoBud Steel Guitar. Then Jimmy Day, Jeff Newman in blue plaid sport suit. Guy with beard and glasses unkown. Reece Anderson, Hal Rugg, Bob White SnowJewel White dad, and guy on end in red shirt and hat unknown.

He did leave a few people out that I recognized like Speedy West and possibly a few others, but I'm surprised that no one in this post recognized Jeff Newman standing next to Jerry Byrd. How soon we forget!
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Bob Wood wrote: He did leave a few people out that I recognized like Speedy West and possibly a few others, but I'm surprised that no one in this post recognized Jeff Newman standing next to Jerry Byrd. How soon we forget!
Bob, Jeff was identified in the original post. Henry did not forget Jeff, nor did the rest of us.
Frank Freniere

Post by Frank Freniere »

OK, so who are #24 & #25?
Lyle Dent

Post by Lyle Dent »

Frank, I think #25 is Zane Beck with a youthful Zane (Little Zane) King next to him.
Rittenberry Prestige SD-12,Mullen G2 SD-12 ,Mullen PRP S-12 BMI S-12 V8 octal, BJS Bars, LiveSteelStrings,Steelers Choice Seat.
Don McClellan

Post by Don McClellan »

Number 27 Winnie Winston maybe?
gary pierce

Post by gary pierce »

Did Buddy receive a plaque this year for something. I have a picture of him holding a plaque, and wearing a red shirt like in this photo.
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

Does anyone know if Dale Potter is still alive? Have a couple of records of his from back in the day. Good fiddle player and vocalist. From Ada, Oklahoma or in that area. J.R. Rose
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »