Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Chris Schlotzhauer

Are Nashville 112's Going For $699 New?

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

Wow...Is that the MSRP for a new one?
David Nugent

Post by David Nugent »

No Chris, $699.99 is the current "street price", MSRP is now $899.99 per Musician's Friend.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

wow!
so then, after making the necessary upgrade to a telonics speaker, you can still stay just under a thousand dollars for a little amp that lacks power?

too bad. i love peavey products, but i'm glad i never wanted or needed a 112.
Dave Hopping

Post by Dave Hopping »

Bobbe REALLY beat MF's price on the NV112.Don't know if the new outfit can do that,but I'd sure ask them before reading MF a credit card number.I know there are much classier amps,but the 112 with the Fox mod works fine for me-except when I start having character and use the Session 500. ;-)
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

The NV112 is made in the USA, not China where a lot of Peavey is now made. That probably has something to do with the increase in price.

The price was increased some time ago, its not a recent thing.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

So buy a used one, add Fox chips and another speaker, it will sound like a million bucks, will not lack in anything, do not underestimate it's potential.
'70 D10 Black fatback Emmons PP, Hilton VP, BJS bars, Boss GE-7 for Dobro effect, Zoom MS50G, Flamma Reverb, Planet Wave cables, Quilter 202 Toneblock, Telonics 15” speaker.

Phone: 971-219-8533
Roger Francis

Post by Roger Francis »

Very well said Larry! Ive had one since they hit the market some yrs back i think $450 new, just purchased a used one a couple months ago 340 shipped and it looks new, both have telonics speakers now, fox mod and new reverb tanks, their not tube amps but for SS they sound great! Add an izzy and you got some really good tones. MPO of course.
Rittenberry SD10, 2 nashville 112s with telonics speaker, behringer EPQ450 power amp, 705 pups, Telonics FP-100, live steel strings, mogami cords, wet reverb
John Dowden

Post by John Dowden »

Are they still making the new ones where the chips aren't so easily removable? If so I'd definitely be on the look out for an older used one that has already been modded.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I haven't seen one of the new ones, so I don't know what all they did other than the soldered in IC's. But if that is all they did and still use the same style chips (not the SMT types), it can still be modified but it will take some soldering skills and equipment to do it. Desoldering of the chips, soldering in the new chips or soldering in chip sockets (the best option) for the new chips. Not something someone inexperienced should try.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Steve Wood

Post by Steve Wood »

thinking of buying one after all I've heard (I loved my 1000), but what about this speaker change...I've heard positives about that, too...what do you suggest, all?
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I have the OPA 2134 chip change in mine. Made a big difference. I have an MB200/Eminence EPS-15C combo that is my main amp system. Because of that I tried the Emenence EPS-12C in my NV112 and didn't like it and put the original speaker back in. Sold the EPS-12C. Too many highs for me.