Source for Fender Stringmaster spaghetti decal?

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Jim Rossen

Source for Fender Stringmaster spaghetti decal?

Post by Jim Rossen »

Any sources for these, now that SG Nashville is gone?

Thanks
Jim
Mark Eaton
Location: Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California

Post by Mark Eaton »

Have you tried the new version of the store being run by Vic Lawson, Steel Guitars of Nashville? From a recent thread:
Some of you may know or have heard that we have opened a new store under the name Steel Guitars of Nashville, Inc. We are in the same location Bobbe was in, 123 Mid Town Ct. Hendersonville, TN. with the same phone number 615-822-5555 We have also added a toll free number 1-877-937-9758.
However we do have a new website steelguitarsofnashville.com (Bobbe's site is no longer functional) We are excited to continue the same sales and service to our existing customers, and hope to gain new ones as well. We will be stocking the same products and some new ones, to offer a wider variety to choose from.
We are especially excited to be the exclusive dealer (despite what claims you've heard) for Cobra Coil strings and accessories! We are also planning a Grand Opening (date pending)in which we will have special guests,food and fellowship.I will keep you updated.
We here at Steel Guitars of Nashville, Inc. look forward to hearing from you!
Vic Lawson
Mark
Jim Rossen

Post by Jim Rossen »

The new Steel Guitars of Nashville does not have the decal.
Jim
Mark Eaton
Location: Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California

Post by Mark Eaton »

Thanks for letting us know Jim. Since Vic wrote in the paragraph "we will be stocking the same products" it seemed like there might be a good chance that they had some from Bobbe's old inventory. Maybe the decals were no longer in stock when Bobbe was still alive.
Mark
Ned Sokol

fender logo

Post by Ned Sokol »

jim-----check your e-mail,i may have what u need
Jim Rossen

Post by Jim Rossen »

Thanks Ned! Need satisfied!
Jim
Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

When you manage to get hold of one, if it's old stock be careful. Invisible cracks may have appeared in the print, which sometimes makes them disintegrate when you put them in water. :cry:
Craig Hawks

Post by Craig Hawks »

I sure could use a decal as well. I did email Steel Guitars of Nashville, but received no response. Anyone have any ideas or a left over decal they'd be willing to part with?
JCFSC member since 2005
'56 Fender Stringmaster D-8, '52 Fender Deluxe-8, Late 40's Oahu 6
Anders Eriksson

Post by Anders Eriksson »

I don't know how the decal looks, but here is a company that sells Fender decals. Maybe yours are one of them...

http://best-decals.com/index.php?main_p ... 5f23af960f

// Anders
Fessenden D-10, Stage One S-10, Peavey Nashville 112, Boss LMB-3, Goodrich 120; Regal RD-38VS Resonator
Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

Thanks for the link, Anders.
I suspect that those particular logos are stamped out of PVC and are self-adhesive, rather than transfers. I restored a Fender Coronado a few years ago and needed a white transfer, as all Coronados have black headstocks, and this is what I used. Once affixed, it looks okay.
I restored a Fender Stringmaster a few years ago, and used a transfer that I bought from Bobbe Seymour. In that instance, I don't think the self-adhesive logo would have looked right, so you should check with the vendor and get some more details.
G Strout

Post by G Strout »

Try this guy. I bought a few Tele decals for a restoration project. He can usually make you what you want.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171671041797?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT