new member, hello

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Francois Lebrun

new member, hello

Post by Francois Lebrun »

hello everybody,
new to the forum, I live in France.
I am a pure beginer on the pedal steel but have been playing other instruments for years.

I was lucky to spend some holiday in the US this July
and used the opportunity to spend 2 days on an E9 training session with Larry Toliver at West Texas Steel Guitar School.

I want to say many thanks again to Larry for the quality of his teaching, listening to the student, answering his questions, adapting to the student's pace all this together with a warm and friendly welcome,

the whole session was a very valuable experience that will definitely help me learn to play (better) my Carter D-10.

I look forward to learning more with Larry and other people willing to share their pedal steel guitar knowledge and experiences and i know this forum will be a very valuable source of information and contacts.

All the best to you all

Francois
Spats Davenport

Post by Spats Davenport »

Hi Francois,

Welcome, although I'm only here a day longer than you!

Spats.
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

Welcome, both of you. Regardless of your experience level, this forum is full of good help and folks who just want to get everybody playing better (competition doesn't make sense; unless you're both in the same town and are the only players in town, having a better player doesn't disadvantage you, and usually just makes EVERYONE better).
I've been playing 35 (WTF?!? I'm getting OLD) years, and this place still gives me insights.
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
Tucker Jackson

Re: new member, hello

Post by Tucker Jackson »

Francois Lebrun wrote:... i know this forum will be a very valuable source of information and contacts.
Welcome, Francois. Yes, the forum is the best resource on the internet for steel players. Ask anything and you'll probably end up with WAY too much information. But the answer you're looking for will usually be mixed in there somewhere... :)
Michael Coggins

Post by Michael Coggins »

Bonjour Francois,

Welcome to the forum. Loads of info and opinions here, it's all good!
Mullen Royal Precision SD10, 2002 Fender Telecaster, Alden Mandocaster, Boss Katana 100-212, Stage One V/P, Tom Bradshaw Resonator Pedal. Wampler Paisley Drive, Wampler Ego Compressor, Boss Super Chorus, Simble Overdrive.
Francois Lebrun

new member, hello

Spats Davenport wrote:Hi Francois,

Welcome, although I'm only here a day longer than you!

Spats.
thanks for the welcome Spats :D

enjoy your pedal steel :D

F
Francois Lebrun

Lane Gray wrote:Welcome, both of you. Regardless of your experience level, this forum is full of good help and folks who just want to get everybody playing better (competition doesn't make sense; unless you're both in the same town and are the only players in town, having a better player doesn't disadvantage you, and usually just makes EVERYONE better).
I've been playing 35 (WTF?!? I'm getting OLD) years, and this place still gives me insights.
thanks for the welcome Lane :D
I've been playing my other instruments since ... 1967 !!! so ... it's never too late to start enjoying ( ?? ) a new one :lol:

take care

F
Francois Lebrun

Lane Gray wrote:Welcome, both of you. Regardless of your experience level, this forum is full of good help and folks who just want to get everybody playing better (competition doesn't make sense; unless you're both in the same town and are the only players in town, having a better player doesn't disadvantage you, and usually just makes EVERYONE better).
thanks for the welcome Lane :D
I've been playing my other instruments since ... 1967 !!! so ... it's never too late to start enjoying ( ?? ) a new one :lol:

take care

F
Francois Lebrun

Tucker Jackson wrote:
Francois Lebrun wrote:... i know this forum will be a very valuable source of information and contacts.
Welcome, Francois. Yes, the forum is the best resource on the internet for steel players. Ask anything and you'll probably end up with WAY too much information. But the answer you're looking for will usually be mixed in there somewhere... :)
Thanks for the welcome Tucker, feels good not to be alone with instrument :D

all the best

F
Francois Lebrun

Michael Coggins wrote:Bonjour Francois,

Welcome to the forum. Loads of info and opinions here, it's all good!
Thanks for the welcome Michael, it's good to have other people around ready to help and share :D

F
Spats Davenport

Post by Spats Davenport »

Francois Lebrun wrote:
thanks for the welcome Spats :D

enjoy your pedal steel :D

F
Indeed Francois, but the pedals in my car and on my bicycle keep me busy enough. Plain ol' lap steel for me.

Spats.
Dr. Hugh Jeffreys

Pedal Steel

Post by Dr. Hugh Jeffreys »

Welcome Francois! If you are interested in PROGRESSIVE steel as applied to experimental jazz, you might enjoy some of my works. A sample can be heard at: www.steelguitarbyhughjeffreys.com Best to you. HJ
Johnie King

Post by Johnie King »

Welcome aboard I'm a new too Johnie King
Chris Templeton

Post by Chris Templeton »

Welcome Francois!
Excel 3/4 Pedal With An 8 String Hawaiian Neck, Tapper (10 string with a raised fretboard to fret with fingers), Single neck Fessenden 3/5
Mark van Allen

Post by Mark van Allen »

Welcome, welcome fellows. There is so much here to stimulate, educate, and entertain. As I'm sure you might surmise there are many opinions here, often directly opposed to each other, so you may have to do some sifting, but there is so much information about many things steel you haven't even thought to ask yet. I've been exposed to so many new ideas and players, styles and approaches here, I just wish the forum had been around when I was starting out.
Spend some time with the search function for access to YEARS of knowledge and opinion. and fun!
Stop by the Steel Store at: www.markvanallen.com
www.musicfarmstudio.com
Bill Dobkins

Welcome Aboard.

Post by Bill Dobkins »

Welcome to the forum guys. The best place to be if you love Steel Guitar.
Custom Rittenberry SD10
Boss Katana 100 Amp
Positive Grid Spark amp
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.