When Will Your Interest In The Pedal Steel Commence To Wane?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Don R Brown

Post by Don R Brown »

While I am a very big believer in reality, and understand that at some point our various capabilities may diminish, I don't waste time sitting around worrying about it. I'm alive today, and have a reasonable percentage of my functions intact and in good order. I'm going to mow the lawn, fix the shed, maybe do a little restoration work on my old truck, and practice the steel. If the day comes I can no longer do one or more of the above, I'll deal with it then.

Screw worrying! Get out there and enjoy whatever it is that you like doing and are able to do. One of my mottos is "Every day is a "bonus day".
Bill Hankey

Post by Bill Hankey »

Just for the record; I'm not an advocate of skinning bears, nor to disrupt their natural habitat that was their home centuries before man and guns came to America. Supporting an advocacy journalism that favors looking the other way in such matters, whether the subject is concentrated on bears, or steel guitars, is not my favorite thing to do. Our lives are jam packed with relevancies that are often swept beneath the rugs. Umpteenth problems, if solved, would elucidate getting started on the pedal steel guitar. Perhaps every music store mgr. who sells a steel guitar, could include a few basic lessons to set the study in motion.
Don R Brown

Post by Don R Brown »

Bears????
Bill Hankey

Post by Bill Hankey »

Don,

Don, I've heard lately a number of scholarly personages refer to professionals as "bears". Are you saying that you've never heard someone refer to a man by calling him a "bear"? They even go so far as to call a steel player a monster. Now that would be stretching the truth a bit.
Don R Brown

Post by Don R Brown »

Bill, I'm sure some of my attempts at steel playing could scare women, small children and maybe even bears, so perhaps I could be considered a monster! :lol: And I am a rather grizzly old guy so maybe I AM a bear, altho I'm at the polar opposite of the scale from a professional. And given my name, and the fact there ARE brown bears, perhaps your post makes far more sense than I originally realized. I just didn't catch what you were bruin up. Guess in some respects I'm still a cub.