Jazz Show at the ISGC

Archived for historical reference

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Bryce Velasco

Jim Stahlhut

Jazz Show at the ISGC

Post by Jim Stahlhut »

I finally have the Jazz Show on the Main Stage arranged. This is going to be one show you don't want to miss. The time is from 11:45 am to 12:40 pm Saturday August 30th at the International Steel Guitar Convention. I only have room for 2 players so they will be Dave Easley first then Doug Jernigan second. Of course Kyle Honeycutt will be on the drums, Bob DeBoo on the acoustic bass, and me, Jim Stahlhut, on the guitar. I'm really excited about this one it'll be great!!

A special thanks to Scotty and Mike Scott for putting us on. DON'T MISS THIS CONVENTION!

Jim

P.S. Can someone send me Buzz Evans' phone number. We are old friends and I want to talk to him about how he's doing?
Russ Wever

Post by Russ Wever »

Jim,
Doug & Dave are two excellent choices!
Any chances they'll be doing a selection together?
Too bad there isn't a 'dedicated' room for Jazz Room,
but bringing it onto the Main Stage will have its benefits.
Lookin' forward to seeing you and Barbara.
~Russ

(pm sent on Buzz)
Steve Hitsman

Post by Steve Hitsman »

You'll have to explain to me how one hour is greater than four and two players is greater than five.
Jim Stahlhut

Post by Jim Stahlhut »

Steve,

There wasn't a room available to do the Jazz Room in. The new hotel wasn't set up like the old one. But we do get to have a jazz show and the main stage is the perfect venue.
I thought about that Russ!

Jim
Don Lanier

Jazz

Post by Don Lanier »

Im excited for the Jazz Players its time we brought that Genre into the Main room, Dave and Doug are great choices, I hope we can do more of it, as things develop and space and such is made available, super stoked to hear you guys....
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

I agree with Don. I never liked having to choose between the Jazz Show and the main ballroom. Many players on the big stage to a jazz number or two in their set, but not with the combo behind them and always sprinkled in among a steady diet of country classics.

I'm a huge fan of country music, but the jazz hour presents a great change of pace. This should be a good one. Sorry to say I will miss this year's show.
HagFan
Emmons Lashley LeGrande II
Jim Stahlhut

Post by Jim Stahlhut »

It will be a good one. You know that rhythm section will be smoking. Also Doug and Dave are really looking forward to it and you can count on the fact they'll be playing great!

I'm looking forward to it!

Jim
James Bissaillon

Re: Jazz Show at the ISGC

Post by James Bissaillon »

[quote="Jim Stahlhut"
P.S. Can someone send me Buzz Evans' phone number. We are old friends and I want to talk to him about how he's doing?[/quote]

I'll PM you, Jim.
Earnest Bovine

Post by Earnest Bovine »

Steve Hitsman wrote:You'll have to explain to me how one hour is greater than four and two players is greater than five.
It's great because you get back 3 hours quicker to I Love You So Much It Hurts and Waltz Across Texas.
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

Quit beating around the bush, Earnest. :lol:
HagFan
Emmons Lashley LeGrande II
Jim Stahlhut

Post by Jim Stahlhut »

Well it's almost here. I can tell you Dave Easley and Doug Jernigan have some great music planned for the show. Of course you know Bob DeBoo will be on acoustic bass, Kyle Honeycutt wil be on drums and me on guitar. Looking forward to seeing all you jazz lovers out there!

Jim