How many Emmons Players do we have?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Frank Harris

Post by Frank Harris »

emmons black e9 and c6 twin reverb reissue peavey profex II with jeff presets goodrich pedal george L cords jaywire strings
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

Hi Bryan, I see your fingers are as fast as ever. Image Bryan, which guitar did you play when you were playing with Ava Barber? It sure sounded wonderful. I still have my copy of a live show with her with an album you cut on the other side back late 70's or 1980. Great playing and great sound. Your tone sounded "just like an Emmons".
Jerry
Roger Edgington

Post by Roger Edgington »

68 black mica D-10 pp 8+4 original single coil pickups
David Doggett
Location: Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)

Post by David Doggett »

Red mica S12 extended E9 p/p, which I am converting to a universal. When I get it adjusted just right it has a good solid feel that is lacking on many all-pulls. The sound and sustain of course are the best there ever were for pedal steel, before or since. But it is very difficult to make changes in the setup, and some changes you can imagine just can't be done. And unless it is setup properly it is hell to get everything balanced and easily tunable. If someone has mucked around with the mechanics without knowing what they were doing, it is a real bear to straighten out.
Bryan Adams

Post by Bryan Adams »

jerry, thanks for the nice complement..i was playing a 75 blk D10 with a webb amp...i sold the guitar to jeff whitington in concord nc when i was working for emmons..he still has it and won't sell it back to me!! *%^&#!! would like to have a copy of the tape you mentioned...later man...BA<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Bryan Adams on 03 January 2004 at 08:20 AM.]</p></FONT>
Charlie McVay

Post by Charlie McVay »

i have 6 p/ps
68,69wooden necks,76,78wooden necks,84 and a rare,last one made according to ron sr. 78 basket weave,front,back and top all basket weave that i restored completely.there was only about 12 of these made and 2 to 3 that were all basket weave.this is what ron sr. told me serveral years ago.it has aluminum necks and butterfly klusions keys.
cookie monster! mike jones, who played barbra mandrell ,seen and played and wanted this guitar after i restored it.
hi mike!
charlie mcvay
bill dearmore

Post by bill dearmore »

73 fatback,99 legrande....