Indy Steel Guitar Club Concert

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Sharon Denny

Indy Steel Guitar Club Concert

Post by Sharon Denny »

Everyone is welcome to the Indy Steel Guitar Club Annual Concert. Mike Johnson will be our special guest artist from Nashville, and L. T. Zinn from Michigan is planning to be with us. We will also have many great local musicians for a whole day of entertainment. This great event will be on Sunday, June 22, 2014 at the Greenwood American Legion at 334 U.S. 31 South in Greenwood, IN. We are planning to start the music at 11:30 a.m. and the cost is only $12 (members of our club $10.00). The contact phone number is: 317-535-9772
Sharon Denney
    Barry Gokee

Post by Barry Gokee »

Sharon, is there a itinerary as of yet for the indy steel show? thank you, Barry
    Justice Prolite Sd 10 Mullen D10
    2 Msa D-10s HMS Sd 10
    2 Session 500 Session 2000
    Nashville 112 Pro-fex
    Charlie Hall

Post by Charlie Hall »

Hi Sharon,,,,,,,There are SEVERAL pickers from the top of Indiana that are planning to be at your show...WE CAN'T WAIT....Thanks for the post

Charlie
    Bret Raper

Post by Bret Raper »

I'm looking forward to being there to play in the band backing Indy Steel Guitar Club member Dave Jackson! Here is a little recording we did a year or so ago - Maiden's Prayer. http://youtu.be/sIfqwYt85eA
    Barry Gokee

Post by Barry Gokee »

Just spoke with Sharon on the phone as was wondering about the intinerary on Indy show. Show is scheduled to start around 11:30 am with different steel players every half hour. Mike and Joannie will finish the show out which should conclude by 7 ish. Looks like a good time with lots of players and food will be available from kitchen area. Inexpensive entertainment for this crazy passion we have with the Pedal Steel. PS, Looking for a $1500-$2000 sd-10 pedal steel.
    2 Msa D-10s HMS Sd 10
    Nashville 112 Pro-fex
    Dave A. Burley

Indy Steel Show

Post by Dave A. Burley »

Leroy Golden will also be performing. He is bringing LT Zinn down for the show. I was scheduled to perform on my 6 string no pedal steel but Jimmy C., the band that I play in, has just had unexpected open heart surgery. I will be attending though and will have all of my cd's available.
    Dave A. Burley

It's The First Time....(9 steel guitarists and Jimmy Bryant in a circle in a Nashville studio for a jam.....Chalker, Reece, Hal Rugg, Emmons, Speedy West, Jimmy Day, Julian Tharpe, Doug Jernigan, Lloyd Green and Jimmy Bryant.
    Several others at different venues featuring most of the above.
    Dave A. Burley
    P.O. Box #211
    Franklin, Ind. 46131

Buddy Emmons/Jimmy Bryant live $15.00 includes shipping.
    It's The First Time(studio)$15.00 includes shipping.
    Curley Chalker/Julian Tharpe live $15.00 includes shipping.
    the Cavalcade Of Guitars live $16.00 includes shipping.
    Pay by PayPal to: dab7875159@aol.com
    Jerry Fessenden

Indy show 2014

Post by Jerry Fessenden »

Well Dave , I was looking fwd to your set ,,, I'll be there too , but not playing . We have several Indiana players that need the time spots .
    I was also hoping to have Wayne Hobbs ,but his schedule won't permit it this yr. I'm looking fwd to Mike and Joanie .
    Dave A. Burley

Indy Steel Guitar Show

Post by Dave A. Burley »

I don't play a lot of steel Jerry. I have been on this 6 string three legged National for a little over two years and I love it. I wish I had discovered it when I was young. I might have become a steel player. Lot's of music on those six strings and of course with the years of playing lead guitar I adapt a lot of those licks to the 6 string steel. It' really like a different voice. Looking forward to this coming Sunday at the Legion in Greenwood, Indiana at the Indy Steel Show. Dave
    Dave A. Burley
    P.O. Box #211
    Franklin, Ind. 46131

David Graves

Sunday show

Post by David Graves »

Sharon Denny and/ or Jerry Fessenden.... I've sent you an email about Sundays show.
    See you all then.
    St. Blues 1984 "Holy Grail"
    Take the time to introduce someone young to music... and play a few songs with someone old.
    Dave A. Burley

Indy Steel Show

Post by Dave A. Burley »

Thought I'd bump this up again. The American Legion is on U.S. 31 just a little bit north of Smith Valley Road. If you come in off of 65 go West all the way in to town, about two miles. There will be several businesses about a block long. Go through the little burg about a half mile and you will run in to 31. Turn left on 31 and you will see the Legion on the right just a short distance. Legion sits down somewhat in a little holler. See you all there.
    Dave
    Dave A. Burley
    P.O. Box #211
    Franklin, Ind. 46131

Dave A. Burley

Indy Steel Show

Post by Dave A. Burley »

Thought I'd bump this up again. The American Legion is on U.S. 31 just a little bit north of Smith Valley Road. If you come in off of 65 go West all the way in to town, about two miles. There will be several businesses about a block long. Go through the little burg about a half mile and you will run in to 31. Turn left on 31 and you will see the Legion on the right just a short distance. Legion sits down somewhat in a little holler. See you all there.
    Dave
    Dave A. Burley
    P.O. Box #211
    Franklin, Ind. 46131

Barry Gokee

Post by Barry Gokee »

Just a couple more days til Indy. Hope its a good one.
    2 Msa D-10s HMS Sd 10
    Nashville 112 Pro-fex
    George Buechley

Indy Steel Club concert

Post by George Buechley »

It's tomorrow! Looking forward to it.

George
    Pre WWII Dobro, Sho~Bud Pro II Custom, Peavey Session 115, GFI Expo, Roland Cube XL80, Lil Izzy
    Jerry Fessenden

Post by Jerry Fessenden »

I would like to thank all the artists who performed at the Indy Club Concert last Sunday. Thank you so much!! Everyone did a great job. I would also like to thank everyone who came to hear these very talented people. Thank you for your support of the mighty steel guitar!

We had a great time and if you missed it, you missed a good one!

Hope to have another fantastic show next year!
    Thanks again to everyone.
    Sharon Denney
    Mark Lawrence

Post by Mark Lawrence »

Waiting for others to post more pictures at https://www.facebook.com/IndySteelGuitarClub
    Our next scheduled Jam is Sunday Aug.17th.
    Fred Utt

Post by Fred Utt »

It was a great day for steel guitar. The music was good, and Mike and Joanie were a class act both as musicians and gracious people. They were humble and nice to anyone who wanted to talk to them. Glad I able to attend. I look forward to the next jam in August. The Indy Steel Club Rocks!
    David Graves

Post by David Graves »

Thank you Sharon and everyone from the Indy Steel Guitar club. I had a great time working with everyone and as always... You folks roll out the red carpet for me and treat me (and everyone for that matter ) like a King!! I've still got a smile on my face from getting to work with Mike Johnson & Joanie, and Dave Jackson, Wally, Leon, Linda, Sharon... And the list goes on!! Can't wait until next year. Thanks again!!
    St. Blues 1984 "Holy Grail"
    Take the time to introduce someone young to music... and play a few songs with someone old.
    Wally Davis

Post by Wally Davis »

ALWAYS a treat to play with you David. Thank you for playing with me. This is really a great little show with a bunch of great people and players. I look forward to next year.