Monday, June 9 will be two years since Roy went home

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Laurie Ayres

Monday, June 9 will be two years since Roy went home

Post by Laurie Ayres »

Hello Everyone,
It will be two years Monday since the Lord took Roy home. It still seems like it was yesterday to me. These last two years have been very difficult.

To all our Steel Guitar friends that have stayed in touch with me means more than you will ever know.

I miss him more every day and very thankful to God that He gave Roy to me for 22 years.

Please keep me in prayers this week as I face another year without him.

Thanks to all of you,
Laurie
Bill Dobkins

Post by Bill Dobkins »

I think of you often Laurie. I know how much you miss Roy. Bless you.
Custom Rittenberry SD10
Boss Katana 100 Amp
Positive Grid Spark amp
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
Walter Stettner

Post by Walter Stettner »

The friendship with both of you is something I will always cherish and the memories will never go away....

Big hug for you, Laurie!

Best, Walter
Blake Hawkins

Post by Blake Hawkins »

Laurie,
We still think of Roy frequently. Everyone misses him and you at the jams in Bradenton.
Blake
Paul Graupp

Post by Paul Graupp »

Caleb is taking guitar lessons now and we were talking with his instructor, Alex about the book Roy returned to Caleb because he said it was the last copy and belonged in our family. He was a kind and caring person and we all knew that well. Hope the next two will be easier but I wonder if that is ever true...

Regards Paul
bruce fischer

Post by bruce fischer »

we miss roy.....................
so glad we got to meet.
lovya laurie
sho-bud super pro II, blue darlin' VI
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

The friendship Anna and I had with you and Roy will always be a hornor.We met you both at Steve Lenord's Steel Guitar Show in Bristol VA. and I won the T Shirt singed by all the Steel players including Roy. I have it in my Steel Guitar room and it hangs on my wall.
Sam & Anna White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Donna Dodd

Post by Donna Dodd »

Laurie,
I think of you often, and pray that you are finding joy in the memories you and Roy made together. You are a very special lady.
Donna Dodd
Georgia Steel Guitar Association (GaSGA) Board Member & Website Administrator
"Every person is a new door to a different world."
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I miss you both. Been quite a while. I hope you are getting along OK.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
James Nazworth

picking

Post by James Nazworth »

I'm sorry for your lost it's been 8 years since I lost my wife and I miss her every day. I'm just glad I got to pick with Roy and I still got the CD he gave me. I would love to see you again but I don't go much anymore. Retired and tired.
Don Sulesky

Post by Don Sulesky »

I used to enjoy picking next to Roy at our club jams.
His full chords arrangements were sweet.
Bless you Laurie
Private one on one lessons available
Member: FSGC, PSGA, TSGA
Co-founder: Florida Steel Guitar Club

"Steel guitar is like playing chess in the dark with three players". Jeff Newman quote from 1997 seminar
Gene Jones

Post by Gene Jones »

In memory of Roy I am playing one of his CD's as I write this post. Bless you Laurie.
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

So glad i got to meet Mr. Roy he and i are from the same hometown Columbus,ms i still think of him often as well Mrs. Laura keep up the strong faith always ....TOMMY
TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
BMI dealer,Classic VIBE 100 amp... SIT strings..
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

So glad i got to meet Mr. Roy he and i are from the same hometown Columbus,ms i still think of him often as well Mrs. Laura keep up the strong faith always ....TOMMY
TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
BMI dealer,Classic VIBE 100 amp... SIT strings..
Willis Vanderberg

Post by Willis Vanderberg »

Roy was my first contact with a great picker. He was kind enough to take the time to visit with a fifteen year old wannabe steeler. I have never forgotten him or the impact he made on me. To him and L.T.Zinn I owe a bunch. Go rest high on that mountain Roy...We will meet again someday...my love and respect to you Miss Laurie..hope to see you next winter.

Bud
Laurie Ayres

Thank You ALL!

Post by Laurie Ayres »

I want to thank you all for posting and remembering Roy with me. I miss you all and the jams. I miss Roy more and more every day. My life is just not the same without him. I play his Cd he made for me and left for me to find after he was gone, all the time. I have my own special concert whenever I want. He filled my life with love and many, many memories. They just don't replace him.

I love you all. Thanks for thinking of us and your encouragement and prayers.

Always Roy's wife,
Laurie
Laurie Ayres

Post by Laurie Ayres »

I forgot to tell you. Monday is our Anniversary. We would have been married 24 years. He tried so hard to make 25 years for us. We were going to celebrate it like our 50th as we both widowed but he told me he really tried hard but his body was just worn out. I'm thankful he's with the Lord but my heart will never mend.