"Sleepwalk Again" Bishop Ronnie P. Hall

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Post by Bishop Ronnie P Hall »

Crowbear!!! ( James Schmitt)
Thanks my friend. Sorry, I`m a little late. Clerical responsibilities threw me a little behind, but as always my friend I appreciate your encouragement. The best to you.
Ron
George Rout

Post by George Rout »

Great stuff Bishop Hall. I love the emotion that you Sacred Steel folks can put into the music. Very moving.

Keep up the good work.

Geo
http://georgerout.com

"I play in the A Major tuning. It's fun to learn and so easy to play. It's as old as the hills....like me"
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Hi George! :D (Rout)
Thanks so much for your encouragement, it is appreciated. The music comes from the heart in Sacred Steel. So many never had the opportunity to be formally trained for lack of resources, and so , many of us only had the church to fall back on. It served as our training ground. Again, thanks for your encouragement.
Ron
George Rout

Post by George Rout »

Thanks for your response Bishop Ronnie. I just finished the book Sacred Steel. I'm 76 and took Hawaiian guitar lessons in Halifax in 1948/9 and have been playing ever since albeit a short break when my family was growing. And I had never heard of the music of Jewel or Keith Dominion churches. It sure can be inspiring.

Thanks again.

George
http://georgerout.com

"I play in the A Major tuning. It's fun to learn and so easy to play. It's as old as the hills....like me"
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Hi Again George! :D (Rout)
I just wanted to say, that I am proud, and very pleased to know, that you have read Bob Stone`s book, concerning this tradition of steel guitar music that had been basically unknown. I would hope, that many, many, more would read it as well. I think that many lives would be enriched. The Church organizations have been in existance since the turn of the century, but like so many social prohibitions that existed at that time, they were not very well known. But as we know now, time, is a great healer of all wounds. Thanks again, for your encouragement, and historical inquisitive mind, I once again have a bright smile upon my face. Stay in touch, the best to you,and your family.
Ron