empty Tone Bar tubes from dunlop/ernie ball and etc.

Post here if you're looking for something special
Daniel Fairman

empty Tone Bar tubes from dunlop/ernie ball and etc.

Post by Daniel Fairman »

I was wondering if anyone had any old tubes for tone bars they had purchased or where I could find some. I just need something to protect my tone bar/slides and I have a few that didn't come with them. Let me know! :)I'm willing to buy them if you are reasonable! :)
Bill Moore

Post by Bill Moore »

The M&Ms candy tubes work really well. Just check all your local stores, someone probably has them.
Mike Wheeler

Post by Mike Wheeler »

I had one of those M&M tubes Bill mentions, and have been using it for many years. My wife thought it was a very ingenious use for it. Last Christmas she found a bag of them (12) at the grocery and bought them for me. (I love M&Ms anyway). I told her "Gee, honey, I don't need that many!". She said "Well, now you'll have extras, just like everything else you buy!". She got me there. :oops: :lol:
Best regards,
Mike
Paul Arntson

Post by Paul Arntson »

Machine shop milling cutters and Clipper air cylinders are packaged in those little tubes also. There are even square ones that are pretty convenient.
Excel D10 8&4, Supro 8, Regal resonator, Peavey Powerslide, homemade lap 12(a work in progress)
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

If you have a boat dealership nearby you might check with them for a watertight tube that is to keep papers in on a boat. They are perfect for protecting a bar.
Jerry