Heritage super eagle-please close

Guitars, fiddles, banjos, keyboards, clarinets, bagpipes, etc.
Larry Lenhart

Heritage super eagle-please close

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Outside shot i know but the above guitar is the heritage equivalent of a gibson super 400
I put a bigsby tremelo and chet wire handle on this 1992 guitar. It has a hsc but i dont believe it is original since it doesnt say heritage on the outside but it fits well. It is in nice shape but does have two blemishes....a short scrape near one of the f holes and when i had the guitar plug rerouted to the bottom of the guitar, a slight split occured in the laminate. These guitars are not that common and are heritages flagship guitar. I am asking $3200. I would entertain a trade for a D10 of equivalent value. THanks for reading this. I sent pictures and paid Gruhn guitars $50 to evaluate the guitar and it was appraised at $3850, so my asking price is well below that.

Last edited by Larry Lenhart on 26 Jun 2014 6:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Willis Vanderberg

Post by Willis Vanderberg »

E mail sent.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

I sent you an email with a li nk to pics but i will take more pics and send them
Thanks!!
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

I would like to add that this is a big guitar with 18" lower bout. I had it professionally set up by a great guitar tech in Tempe, Az and it plays great, low action. As I am sure most of you know these guitars are built in the old Kalamazoo, Mi factory and are essentially Gibson guitars but at a fraction of the price...check out a Gibson Super400 and you will see what I mean. If you are into these types of guitars, I dont think you would be disappointed in this one ! On a cash deal the buyer would need to pay shipping and only to lower 48. Thanks for the interest.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

I dont know how to sweeten the pot on this guitar. I realize I am targeting a steel guitar audience, rather than a guitar group, but thought some of you might be interested in this fine guitar. Perhaps you know some guitarist that might be interested, so spread the word to them. There is only one of these on gbase.com and none on ebay, so there arent many of them that come up for sale that often. Thanks for reading this and feel free to email me with questions or thoughts. I would really like to sell the guitar this month while I am in Arizona.
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

Don't be discouraged, Larry, but you're reaching out to a tiny market here and responses will be few and far between.

I really want a Super 400 again but, in my case, I have to have a Gibson (preferably pre '64) or I don't want it at all. Not really logical, I know, but I'm feeling nostalgic for my old '58 CES!

The Heritage is a fine guitar and I bet this is really good, especially as it's their flagship model.

Best of luck with the sale.

Last edited by Roger Rettig on 2 May 2014 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Thanks Roger for your comments...yep, I know it will take time and I wont get discouraged...I could/should put it on ebay, but I really dont like doing that, even tho most of my transactions there have been great. I do have the guitar on the Chet Atkins site (of which I am a long time member), and there are alot of Travis pickers on it, obviously. I also have it on the Heritage Owners site, where there are Heritage lovers....so somewhere along the road it will get noticed by the right person looking for such a guitar.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

If someone on the steel forum tried to contact me whose last name is klein or has that in the email address, I tried to respond but your return email address came back as invalid and my email would not go thru.
Jack Klein

address

Post by Jack Klein »

Larry, its --jjklein2@frontier.com
Jack
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

I sent pictures and description of this guitar to Gruhn guitars and paid them $50 to appraise it. Based on the pictures and my description they appraised it at $3850, so my asking price of $3200 is well below that.
Erik Alderink

Try The Heritage Owners Club

Post by Erik Alderink »

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/

They tend to like the deals a little "sweeter", but that's the target audience for a Heritage.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Yep I already have it listed on there. Thanks.
Jay Yuskaitis

Post by Jay Yuskaitis »

No doubt this is a beauty of a guitar. Unfortunately, it does not have the "Gibson" name on it. We all know the quality is 100 percent above Gibson of the past 50 years. Irregardless of what Gruhn appraises it at, the price he would pay for it would be a buy for anyone looking. If'n you're willing to pay anyone for an appraisal, "as I've learned", you can buy just about what you want. Jay Y.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

NO comment.
Last edited by Larry Lenhart on 8 May 2014 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

Jay's post needs translating into English....

:whoa:
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Jay Yuskaitis

Post by Jay Yuskaitis »

Larry and Roger, I'm sorry that I ruffled your pin feathers. I am not trying to insult your intelligence, Larry. Apparently you think the intelligence of the folks on this forum would believe that opinion of value would be based on the "Gruhn" appraisal alone, with no comments allowed. You would be better off consigning the guitar to "Gruhn" instead of wondering why it won't sell here. Come on now... Roger?? I'm trying, again. Jay Y.
Jay Yuskaitis

Post by Jay Yuskaitis »

I plumb forgot about "the, we belong to a mutual admiration society" on the forum. forgive me... Jay Y.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

No comment, not worth it.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Even tho I have the steel guitar of my dreams coming after June 1, I have decided that I still might be interested in the right trade deal for a D10 of equal value. If you have a D10 that you might want to trade for this guitar, shoot me an email and let me know what you have. I am open to offers. It is a great guitar, I just dont play it that much any more since I acquired a Gretsch 6122-1959...that is my go to guitar these days. Thanks for reading this.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

I do think that cosigning this guitar to Gruhn Guitars is the right way to go...I will do that in July when I go to Nashville, if it hasnt sold by then. My apologies to Jay or anyone else I might have been unkind to with my remarks on the forum posts.
Thanks
Gordon Sharp

Post by Gordon Sharp »

Larry I have a great playing and sounding 67 push and pull black Emmons,not as nice as your guitar,but in great shape to be that old.When you come to Nashville and want to look and play it ,call me at 865-6713684. Gordon Sharp Kingstgn Tenn.. ,,
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Gordon
Thanks for your interest in the guitar. I know those Emmons push-pull are the ultimate for tone, but I am not mechanical at all, and from what I understand from others you have to be somewhat of a "tinker" to own a push-pull. Thanks again for the post, but I dont think I would be interested in going that route. I may just save my penneys from the sale of this guitar and wait and see what happens down the road.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Not much interest on the forum, and I understand that, so its going to Nashville next week for George Gruhn to sell for me. Thanks to those who did show interest.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Please close, no longer for sale on the forum. Thanks