Dale Ware passed

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Dale Ware passed

Post by Johnny Cox »

I got this message via my cell phone a few minutes ago. Dale was a wonderful man. Prayers for his family and friends.

This message is from Ginger
Dale passed away Sunday at noon.
He asked me to let all of you know how much your friendship meant to him. He always said he had a wonderful life and the best friends anyone could have.

Services are Wednesday, May 7th 10:00 AM at Roselawn Cemetary Seagoville Texas. Burial at his beloved home The Flying W Ranch, Hillsboro, TX.
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

You beat me to it. I got the same text. Dale was a great friend to me and everyone he met. He will be greatly missed but in my last phone calls with him, he was in good spirits and at peace with what he knew was inevitably coming.

One of his biggest concerns was getting the paperwork done so that he could be buried on his ranch. I am glad to see that he was able to get that done.

Rest in peace dear friend.
Ronald Sikes

Post by Ronald Sikes »

Dale was such a gentleman , honest business man and friend. He loved his family and all of his music family as well. Above all he was a Christian. Rest in peace my friend. Prayers for the family.
Show Pro #26 & #83,BJS bars,Stereo Steel,Tommy Huff cabs loaded with JBL D130's, Wampler pedals,NV112,NV400, Steelers Choice Seats
Michael Yahl

Post by Michael Yahl »

Our table was right next to his at the Dallas show for the past 3 years. Agnes and I always looked forward to seeing him as he always showed us that Texas hospitality. A super nice person and a pleasure to talk to.

We will miss him dearly.

Our heartfelt condolences to those near and dear.

Agnes & Michael
"Don't fergit to kiss yer horse!"
'72 Sho-Bud Professional D10, (in pieces .....), '78 MSA Classic XL D10, '74 MSA Classic D12, Fender 2000
Peavey Session 500 BW, Crate Digital Modeling Amp

PSG PARTS
http://www.psgparts.com/
Michael Yahl

Post by Michael Yahl »

Our table was right next to his at the Dallas show for the past 3 years. Agnes and I always looked forward to seeing him as he always showed us that Texas hospitality. A super nice person and a pleasure to talk to.

We will miss him dearly.

Our heartfelt condolences to those near and dear.

Agnes & Michael
"Don't fergit to kiss yer horse!"
'72 Sho-Bud Professional D10, (in pieces .....), '78 MSA Classic XL D10, '74 MSA Classic D12, Fender 2000
Peavey Session 500 BW, Crate Digital Modeling Amp

PSG PARTS
http://www.psgparts.com/
Wayne Tumey

Post by Wayne Tumey »

Dale was a dear friend to me and all those who knew him knew how much he loved his music and the love he had for his Savior, Jesus! Had a chance to go out and play a little and talk with Dale not too long ago and as we sat at the kitchen table looking out the window, many of the wild life would pass by and it brought a smile to his face as he described a few of them. He loved the Ranch and surely counted it as one of God's blessings to him and his family. Missing him already!
Wayne Tumey
ShoBud LDG, Mullen SD 10, Carter SD 10, Session 500, NV 112 and other stuff
Jerry Fessenden

Dale Ware

Post by Jerry Fessenden »

This is a sad day for all who knew Dale . I've been dreading this notice since the TSGA . We talked nearly every week. He will be missed by all of us. He told me that he knew where he was going , and I agree that he is there already. He sure gave God the glory.
Mitchell Smithey

Post by Mitchell Smithey »

Dale and myself when he picked up his new MSA. He told me that he had lived a great life, and had the best of family and friends. He also told me that he was not scared of his illness because he knew he was going to a better place.
A great guy that will be sorely missed.
Condolences to the the family from all of us at MSA.
Ron Whitworth

Post by Ron Whitworth »

So sorry to hear of this.
This breaks my heart to hear of this sad news.

My condolences to his wife & family.

He ALWAYS would joke with me & I with him every time I walked by his table at the TSGA shows.

He was a great guy & I know I will surely miss seeing him there at the show.

The last words he told me was he was OK to go & he was ready to go.
God bless him & take care of him.
Ron
"Tone is in the hands. Unless your wife will let you buy a new amp. Then it's definitely in that amp."

We need to turn the TWANG up a little

It's not what you play through, it's what you play through it.

They say that tone is all in the fingers...I say it is all in your head :)

Some of the best pieces of life are the little pieces all added up..Ron

the value of friendship. Old friends shine like diamonds, you can always call them and - most important - you can't buy them.
Tom Palmer

Post by Tom Palmer »

Dale called me after the Dallas show and told me his time was very short, so I have been expecting this. I have never met a nicer man and he enjoyed life to the fullest. I will really miss him and if I ever get to go to the Dallas Show again, it won't be the same without Dale. A wonderful man and a good friend. May he rest in peace!
Joe Naylor

Sorry to hear this

Post by Joe Naylor »

I always looked forward to his big smile and was always nice. After the first time I showed steelseats at the Dallas show he would come over and say with that smile, you look like you need to set down and talk to me. We would always laugh and he would say you have been working to hard and I am ready for a rest too.

RIP my fiend

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
David Biggers

Post by David Biggers »

Dale was a super nice guy and a pleasure to talk with. He will be missed.
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

There are just not the words to describe how wonderful a person Dale was. He was the perfect gentleman and always with a smile. He new that he had run his race and for him he had won. It is just so heartbreaking to hear this even tho I knew it was coming soon. I met Dale a few years back and he brought a red Carter D-10 that I had brought new from John and later a SD-10 MSA that had been built for Lloyd Green. We talked some after that and e-mailed some but it just always tore me up too much to do it very offened. May his soul Rest In Peace.
My prayers go out to his family that they have comfort. My Best, J.R. Rose
Ray Montee

Sorry to learn the sad news............

Post by Ray Montee »

I first met this fine gentleman at the Dallas show a couple of years back. The D2F Booth in which I was involved at the time with Tom Palmer, allowed us the opportunity to chit chat informally.

I was ultimately asked to play in the non-pedal room and he graciously 'loaned' me one of his used, For SALE Fender amps. Loaning an amp to 'A MUSICAN' often involves a certain degree of risk.

I PURCHASED the amp, by the way.

Sorry for your loss.
T. C. Furlong

Post by T. C. Furlong »

Dale was a true gentleman. I once told him of a young pilot who was headed to the jungle in Africa to fly humanitarian missions. The young man was looking for a guitar to take with him in his plane. Dale donated the perfect instrument and the pilot took it with him to the most dangerous places in central Africa. Dale will be missed by all those who knew him.
jim flynn

Great man of steel

Post by jim flynn »

Dale was always humorous and a friend to all.
I'll miss him. God Bless his family.
Jim