Bobbe Seymour RIP.

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

Just saw this post, sad news for sure, Prayers, and condolences to the family.

Bill Ford
Bill Ford S12 CLR, S12 Lamar keyless, Misc amps&toys Sharp Covers
Steeling for Jesus now!!!
Gary Watkins

Post by Gary Watkins »

I found this: http://www.bobbeseymour.net/index.html in case anyone hasn't seen it before.
If you succeed in cheating someone, don't think that the person is a fool. It's just that the person trusted you far more than you deserved.
Nicholas Ackron

Post by Nicholas Ackron »

Praying for the Seymour family!
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

I'm just checking in here and couldn't be more saddened than to learn of Bobbe's passing.

If you ever saw Bobbe without a friendly smile on his face, I'm sure it wasn't for very long. He always gave is best to entertain and to help us all become better players.

Sincere condolences to Bobbe's family and loved ones.
HagFan
Emmons Lashley LeGrande II
Kyle Dosskey

Post by Kyle Dosskey »

Checked in here just because I hadn't heard back on an order from Steel Guitar Nashville last week and see this, just terrible. Rest In Peace Bobbe.
Mike Cass

Post by Mike Cass »

Im glad that he's not suffering anymore. Last time we spoke he still had that sense of humor though; when I asked how he was feeling he said that his fun meter wasn't pegging much, but he didn't complain... My prayers and condolences to his family, employees and friends. And thanks for the 12 years of gainful employment, Bobbe. May you RIP.

MC
Mike Brown

RIP Bobby

Post by Mike Brown »

You will be missed.
jim flynn

What a Loss!!!

Post by jim flynn »

As colorful and sometimes controversial it is so
sad to see him go. I pray that it was painless
and I pray that his family will know that he is at peace.
Bye Bobby, we'll all miss you.
Jim
Al Brisco

Rip

Post by Al Brisco »

I first saw Bobbe playing in a club during a DJ Convention in Nashville around 1968, a forerunner of steel guitar conventions, where singers, musicians & industry people met.

Bobbe had a flair for showmanship even in those days. He had a LKL hooked up to a switch in the keyhead endplate to switch his Echo-Plex On & Off. Of course that really impressed this young steeler from Canada!

He will be missed!
Al Brisco
http://www.steelguitarcanada.com
Serving Steelers with Experience, Expertise, & Selection Since 1979
Raymond Keller

Post by Raymond Keller »

Rest in peace, prayers to all the family.
Andy Volk

Post by Andy Volk »

So long, Bobbe. Among all your other accomplishments, we were so lucky to get to hear the sounds you made on the steel guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XXbY_gBmKo
Steel Guitar Books! Website: www.volkmediabooks.com
Bob Callaway

Post by Bob Callaway »

We will surely miss you Bobbe. It was a pleasure to know you. Our prayers for all the family.
Bob&Barb Callaway and Margit Stepp
Derby Steel Guitars.
Derby D10 Serial No.8 - Derby 10 String Lap Steel
pair Nashville 112s
President of Louisville Metro Steel Guitar Club
Member LMSGC, NTSGA, ASGA, OzarkSGA, PSGA,
www.BobCallaway
Ian Finlay

Post by Ian Finlay »

I'm really sad to hear of his passing. I only knew him through the forum and his newsletters, but his huge personality shone through his writing and videos. May he rest in peace.
John A. Russell

Bobbe

Post by John A. Russell »

So sorry, only got news of it over here in the UK.

Bobbe, remembered my name, from my first visit to his store from the UK.

Whenever I visited his store, he would smile and introduce me as his friend from the UK, to anyone who happened to be in the store.

He would then tell stories from The Road, from his many tours, with famous singers.

He was so interested, that I was a friend of David Hartley and he was so pleased, when I called David on my cell, so that he could talk to him.

I know, when I visit the store, I will expect to see him sitting there on an old plastic chair, smiling and greeting me.

RIP

John
Franklin S10, Telonics X10 pup, Telonics Volume Pedal, Telonics 500 Combo Amp, with Mike Johnson Tone, BJS Bar. Vox AC15C2, Fender Stratocaster, Music Man Albert Lee. Brent Mason Nashville Telecaster. Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Amplifier.Cali76 Studio Compressor, Boss DM3 Delay. Hall & Collens Signature Echo unit.
Rob Munn

Post by Rob Munn »

All my condolences and respect to the family and friends of Bobby Seymour. I've watched a lot of youtubes with him playing so sweet. Nice viddy Andy. Kinda sets the tone and brings one close to tears realizing that that kind of talent and congeniality is no longer on the terra firma. Betcha he'll be playing with Joaquin and Speedy and Jerry Byrd amongst many other sacred steel players.
Bonne Nuit Bobbe!
Peter Hart

Post by Peter Hart »

My deepest sympathy and heart felt condolences for his family. This is obviously a huge loss to the world and the steel guitar community in particular. He will be missed.
Dale Rottacker

Post by Dale Rottacker »

Sad, that another Icon is gone, sadder still that one day they all will...these folks who have done so much in advancing this instrument we love, but may unlike them ever master.
Dale Rottacker, Steelinatune™
*2021 MSA Legend, "Jolly Rancher" D10 10x9
*2021 Rittenberry, "The Concord" D10 9x9
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com
Chet Wilcox

Post by Chet Wilcox »

I met Bobby along with Gene Oniel, in 1977, when they were both playing at Printers Ally , They were very nice to me and shared a lot of stories, Im sad to see that a lot of the greats are leaving us, Rest in peace Bobby, I hope to see you again in the here after, Love Chet
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

I did not know about Bobbe being gone with the God.I will miss Bobbe as he was a good friend. Now I have lost four of my good friends. First was John Jiacovelli then my friend Ralph Paulin then my good friend Ray Walker, and now my friend Bobbe Seymour.Anna and My prayers are with Bobbe and his Family.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Craig Stock

Post by Craig Stock »

RIP Bobbe,

A life well lived, he like my late father-in-law lived 10 lifetimes in one, wish I had that kind of enthusiasm.

I was lucky to meet Bobbe at the PSGA show in Norwalk, CT in 2007 and have a few pictures from then to share.

Bobbe's Set

Question and answer section of the Show w/Russ Hicks, Bobbe, Herby Wallace, Lonnie Bennett, Joe Wright, and Randy Beavers. I always loved that part of the show.

Rest well Bobbe, you desearve it!
Regards, Craig

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days
Ben ODell

Sad Day

Post by Ben ODell »

A very sad day for the music world. Our best to the family, and may god bless you all !!

Ben-Jamin "O"
Last edited by Ben ODell on 30 Mar 2014 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Sliter

Bobbe

Post by Dan Sliter »

RIP My Friend! You will be missed by all who know you.
Wally Moyers

Post by Wally Moyers »

I never met Bobby in person but talked to him on the phone many times. We had a lot to talk about both being steel players and pilots. The first time was right after I did my first series of video instructional tapes. He sold a lot of them and really encouraged me to do more. When my son Jeremy moved to Nashville to play with Lone Star, he really made him feel welcome and treated him well. I bought my last Emmons guitar from him. Always a good guy, hard to see so many of the older generation pass on… RIP, You are and will be missed..

Wally
Neil Lang

Post by Neil Lang »

Another HUGE LOSS for our "Steel Guitar World". Condolences to his family.
Rest in peace Bobby, you will be sadly missed.
Sho-Bud Steel Guitars, 3 Super Pro's, 1 Super Pro II (Rose) & 1 Finger Tip
Fender Guitars & Basses
Peavey Amps & Sound Equipment
Gary Preston

RIP Mr. Seymour .

Post by Gary Preston »

We were saddened to hear about Mr. Bobbe . Bobbe was good to all of us here in the Buckeye state . He had a lot of friends here . I will always remember him for driving from Nashville to Columbus , Ohio to do my first '' Gospel Steel Guitar Jubilee '' . I told Bobbe that i couldn't afford him and he asked me did i ask you for money ? He told me he had lots of old friends here and he wanted to see them again and he came and did a great job playing steel . I don't know if he had children or not . I hear a lot of people asking if the store will still be in business ? I tell them i don't know any more than they do . All i know is that we will surly miss him and his humor and fast wits . I remember he told me when he comes up this way to play a show he would fly his plane and pick me up and fly with him to the show . We never got that done . Good by Mister Bobbe .