Carter D-10 sold, donation sent, please close

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Howard Steinberg

Carter D-10 sold, donation sent, please close

Post by Howard Steinberg »

Carter D-10 which was built in 2002, sn: 0xxx2xxx. It has 8 pedals and 5 knee levers. Triple raise/triple lower changer, aluminum necks, George L’s pickups. There are no cracks at either end of the body, as happens with some Carter's. Sounds and plays excellent. The guitar was set up and adjusted by Jim Palenscar in November of 2012. It has gray burl mica on the front and rear aprons. The top is black mica. All posished metal looks extremely good. Great looking guitar.

The copedent is as follows:

E9 pedals Emmons
LKL raises 4 & 8, ½ step
LKR lowers 4 & 8, ½ step
LKV lowers 5 & 10, ½ step
RKL raises 1 a full step, 2, ½ step and lowers 6 a full step
RKR lowers 2 a whole step with a half stop and lowers 9, ½ step

C6

Pedal 4 raises 4 & 8 a whole step
Pedal 5 lowers string 5, 1/2 step and raises string 10 a whole step
Pedal 6 raises string 2, ½ step and lowers string 6, ½ step
Pedal 7 raises strings 3 and 4 a whole step
Pedal 8 raises string 7, ½ step, lowers string 9, ½ step and lowers string 10, 1 ½ steps.
RKR Lowers string 3, ½ step

I have rods and” barbells” for 2 changes on the RKL lowering string 2 ½ step and raising string 6, ½ step. I took this change off the guitar as I felt that the lever was too stiff with it on. It is easily restored if desired. I’m happy to include these parts or re-install them. It also dawns on me that one of these rods can be used, on the E9 neck, to tune the 6th string B pedal - RKL split.

There is a 1 inch lift kit on the guitar. If the guitar is desired at standard height, I will take the lift kit off and reduce the price by $35.

Comes with black carpet covered hard shell case and what appears to be the original owners manual. Price is reduced to $1900., plus actual shipping/insurance from St. Petersburg FL. No charge for packing the guitar up. I have packing materials and have shipped steels safely in the past. If you wish to pay using pay pal (credit card) there will be an additional charge of 2.9%. Pay pal gift (from bank account is free). I’m good with a bank check or even a personal check as long as buyer is able to wait for check to clear before shipping. Please feel free to ask questions.

Last edited by Howard Steinberg on 20 Mar 2014 9:02 am, edited 7 times in total.
Justice Pro Lite (4-5), Justice D-10 (8-5)x2 , Quilter Steelaire, Hilton Pedal, BJ's bar.
Richard Tague

Post by Richard Tague »

I'm looking in my seat cushions for spare change...Hold on, I'm about there! :wink:
Howard Steinberg

Bump for the weekend.
Justice Pro Lite (4-5), Justice D-10 (8-5)x2 , Quilter Steelaire, Hilton Pedal, BJ's bar.
Daniel McCombe

Post by Daniel McCombe »

Any interest in a trade plus some? I have a GFI Expo SD-10.
Howard Steinberg

Can't do a trade on this. Sale is due to a lack of space to set up more than 2 steels at a time. If I kept it , it would sit in it's case in a closet.
Howard Steinberg

ttt
Howard Steinberg

Bump
Darrell Birtcher

Post by Darrell Birtcher »

I just want to let you folks know that Howard is an excellent man to do business with from my experience. Very kind, patient, and level headed. His integrity is top notch. Good luck on your sale Howard.
John Alford

Post by John Alford »

Howard, I saw you did not want to consider a trade for PS, but I have a Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion, ebony, semi-hollow body jazz six string guitar. It is in very good condition. Any interest in a trade plus cash on that? I can send pictures if you are interested. Thank you.
Howard Steinberg

Hey John - too many guitars as well. This needs to be a cash sale. Thanks for your inquiry.
Tyler George

Post by Tyler George »

Howard, do you have any sound clips or video of this guitar? It's almost exactly what I'm looking for but not quite the pickup I'm interested in. But if it has the sound I want, then it may work. If I can get my lap steel sold soon, you may be hearing from me.
Patrick Johnson

Post by Patrick Johnson »

Those shoes look comfortable!
Last edited by Patrick Johnson on 3 Apr 2014 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Carter D10 8+5; Peavey Nashville 112 Amp
Howard Steinberg

If the shoes need to be included....I could maybe be persuaded. Patrick, feel free to make an offer if you like them. Seriously, they are absolutely the most comfortable shoes ever but very difficult to play steel with.
Howard Steinberg

Bump
Howard Steinberg

Bump
Howard Steinberg

TTT for reduced price
Hans Ahfeldt

Post by Hans Ahfeldt »

E-mail sent, sir.
Ted Crigger

Very Pretty Guitar

Post by Ted Crigger »

Gonna keep this one in my memory bank, and will be watching closely! :whoa:
Still Steel'n after all this time♫