I Can't Stop Loving You New Video by Zane King

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Zane King

I Can't Stop Loving You New Video by Zane King

Post by Zane King »

Just in case anyone was thinking that I have a warped musical personality I thought I would present this classic song "I Can't Stop Loving You". Here is a run down of what is going on for all you inquiring minds :)

Playing my Jackson Blackjack Steel Guitar with a brand new set of stainless Live Steel Strings. Going through a Goodrich Super Sustain into a Boss Delay/Reverb (Rev 5) to an inexpensive Tube Pre Amp, then on into a Nashville 112. I record into Pro Tools using a Neumann TLM 103 microphone.

I made the track myself using real instruments. I'm happy to send it to you if you email me at zaneking@me. Like for free and all. :D

Hope ya'll enjoy this one.

"I Can't Stop Loving You"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgohdz6R3Do

Stay tuned,

Zane
Last edited by Zane King on 28 Feb 2014 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zane King
Email: zaneking@me.com
Ken Campbell

Most impressive

Post by Ken Campbell »

Thanks for that Zane. Made my morning. Good on you!
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

This is a pro/master player in action. There seems to be no end to his creative ideas.

RC
Chris Templeton

Post by Chris Templeton »

Great Zane! Can just about see the steel grease oozing outa that one because I sure heard it. :0)
Excel 3/4 Pedal With An 8 String Hawaiian Neck, Tapper (10 string with a raised fretboard to fret with fingers), Single neck Fessenden 3/5
Wally Taylor

Post by Wally Taylor »

Tone, talent and taste! If I had a beer, I'd cry in it!
Sonny Jenkins

Post by Sonny Jenkins »

I think,,,,NO,,,,I know that is the best I've ever heard that played!!!!!!
Billy Carr
Restricted

psg

Post by Billy Carr »

With Zane's talent and Donna's vocals, the sky's the limit! This is the first I've seen anything about her. Hello Grand Ole Opry & TNN! These guys are great!
Zane King

Post by Zane King »

Thanks guys for posting on the thread. I appreciate the nice compliments. A lot of folks have written for the backing track. I am happy to send it to you so just email me at zaneking@me.com

ZK
Zane King
Dale Rottacker

Post by Dale Rottacker »

Beautiful Zane...I always love your "Country" or "Gospel" stuff...not that I don't like the rock n blues, but my narrow understanding inhibits my understanding of it :D ... But this to me is very tasty and understandable, can't play it like that, but I understand it :D ... This is a Universal tuning not Extended E9th? ... Is that correct?... Thanks for continuing to share your talents with us!!!

Dale
Dale Rottacker, Steelinatune™
*2021 MSA Legend, "Jolly Rancher" D10 10x9
*2021 Rittenberry, "The Concord" D10 9x9
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com
Wally Taylor

Post by Wally Taylor »

We want another one, just like the other one, go Zane go!! Maybe you should take requests. :D
Charles Curtis

Post by Charles Curtis »

Ditto, thank you Zane.
Zane King

Post by Zane King »

Dale - thanks for commenting on my thread. In answer to your question about the tuning of my 12 string guitar. It is not an extended E9 nor is it Universal as most people would describe. My tuning is a fairly unique modification of the original Zane Beck tuning setup. I call it an E 6/9. It has similarities to E9 and Universal for sure but most people find it to be fairly off the beaten path of cope dents. Also, I appreciate your comments about not understanding the blues/rock approach. I really thank you for appreciating what I'm doing there without being critical. I find that too many folks sometimes just because they don't understand it become critical of it. Very classy of you!!! I hope others follow your example.

Wally - more to come for sure. I'm actually working on a version of the Steel Guitar Rag that I think folks will find most interesting! :D
Zane King
Glen Balm

Post by Glen Balm »

Great job keep it coming and thanks for your music
Glen
Larry Jamieson

Post by Larry Jamieson »

Pure artistry, you are a master of the instrument!
Just beautiful and so full of emotion.
Tommy Minniear

Post by Tommy Minniear »

Great job Zane!

Believe it or not, on a couple occasions in clubs I've had people that don't play steel who have seen your clips on youtube ask if I've ever heard of you. On the times its happened I always smile and say with a sly grin; "He can pick can't he!"

Looking forward to hearing what you come up with on Steel Guitar Rag. It would be nice if someone like yourself could put a new breath of life into that old gem!
Zane King

Post by Zane King »

Thank ya'll. I tell you I'm sitting here wondering why we don't see more players put out videos through You Tube. I also wonder why more professional players don't participate here on the Forum. Just questions I'm wondering here on this thread with just you guys. I don't really want to post a whole thread on the subject but I wish somehow more folks would participate. Just my opinion.
Zane King
Steve Kinkle

Great Sound Zane!!

Post by Steve Kinkle »

Zane, wow, that was really good. I have only been playing steel for 2 weeks. Thanks for posting this video saying you were 18 when you played that. Im 41 and I really hope I can learn to play like that!! Take care,

Steve Kinkle
John 3:16
Don Mogle

I Can't Stop Loving You Instrumental

Post by Don Mogle »

Great job Zane! Once again you've shown your mastery of the instrument. I hope you play this one in Dallas during your segment of the show. Actually, I'd like to hear some of those blues tunes too!

I'm sending for the track!

Thanks Again,

Don
Carl Kilmer

Post by Carl Kilmer »

Absolutely beautiful Zane. I always love to hear and watch you.
You put so much effort in your playing and play from the heart.
I downloaded the track and will try to learn it. Many thanks. :D :D
Carl "Lucky" Kilmer
aka "Lucky Kay"--Custom built Rittenberry SD10 3X5, Walker S/S, NV-112, and Hilton Pedal
Dustin Rigsby

Post by Dustin Rigsby »

Well Zane, I have seen some threads where the "pro" players have been really argued with. Look at some of Franklin's posts. I mean he is one of the most recorded pro pickers in Nashville. Every once in a while, Lloyd will answer through e-mail to a forum mod or trusted friend. Tommy is a fairly regular participant. Buddy chimes in here and there but from what I understand is pretty much retired. Someone has said that he would maybe like to attend a show here and there,but, just to listen and not necessarily be "Buddy Emmons" . Mike Sigler chimes in a little too. A lot of the Pros monitor the forum from what I understand.
D.S. Rigsby