Texas: San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Joe Rouse

Texas: San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

Post by Joe Rouse »

San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc. jam sessions will kick off our 4th year on Feb. 9, 2014 at the American Legion Post in Converse, Texas. We will start out at 2 pm and go til 5 pm or longer if we need more time. We encourage all steel guitar players to attend and bring your instrument and play, no matter what your experience level. Food and drinks will be available at the American Legions canteen. Address is 326 W. Legion in Converse Texas. Come out and join in the fun.
Joe Rouse

San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

Post by Joe Rouse »

TTT
Ben Price

Post by Ben Price »

Wild horses can't keep me away! Looking forward to seeing the old and new faces after a few months break. Wait till you hear what I got for Christmas.
Joe Rouse

Post by Joe Rouse »

Looking forward to starting 2014 with a great jam session...see you there Ben....jr
Zachary Walters

Post by Zachary Walters »

I wish I could be there, fellas.

Also... through my contacts with the Mesquite Ramblers I heard Commander Dave hurt his hip recently. A little flip-flop-fly in his gravel driveway, perhaps. Keep watch over him, if anyone happens to see or hear from him.

Zach
1981 Push-Pull
2009 Super Glide Custom
Mark Moseley

San Antone thingy

Post by Mark Moseley »

Lets play some music!
Kenny Piper

Sasga

Post by Kenny Piper »

Ben, keep off them wild horses. There are plenty of good ole gentle steeds out there.

Joe, can't wait to be back with all the brothers and sisters this year and create all the wonderful times and music. Sure do miss those good grilled cheeseburgers at the legion.

Zack, going to miss you. Hope all is well.
Joe Rouse

Post by Joe Rouse »

We always have a good time at our jam sessions...however we can't make everyone happy all the time. We'll miss Zack Walters and maybe Dave "Commander" Goodman.I called Dave's cell phone Thursday and no answer, hope I hear from him today. For those that don't know Dave has a fractured hip which Happened around Christmas and was taking therapy until Jan. 20. The Drs. were going to re-evaluate him on the 20th to decide what to do. Keep the "Commander" in your prayers for a complete healing....jr
Mike Kowalik

Super Dave.....

Post by Mike Kowalik »

I don't intend to divert the theme of this thread but I'd like to say I'm hoping for a good outcome for Dave as well.....I've known him for more than 25 years and he's a good guy!!
Mike Ester

Post by Mike Ester »

I filled in for him at a gig at Eagles Aerie #70 in San Antonio last week. Dave was there, using a walker. He's still healing, but he is able to get around for short periods.
U.S.A.F. 1978-1982
2005 Carter S12U 7x5
1978 Sho-Bud Pro II Custom 8x4

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning.
Joe Rouse

The Commander

Post by Joe Rouse »

Thanks Mike..now we know he's up and moving..hope we see you at the jam session Feb. 9th....jr
Joe Rouse

Post by Joe Rouse »

TTT
Roger Edgington

Post by Roger Edgington »

See You All There.
Dave Goodman

San Antonio Steel Guitar Assn

Post by Dave Goodman »

I managed to make it home on pass for a few hours. I will still be in the rehab facility for a while. The Dr. said too early for x-rays, and won't take any till April 1. I'm up and around on a walker, so I hope to make the session in April. To play is another question. Hate to miss it!!
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

Get Better Commander Dave!!
Joe Rouse

Commander Dave

Post by Joe Rouse »

Dave, we will miss you but come back when you can...

This year we will try to have an instruction class led by Ben Price. Ben is a very knowledgeable musician and guitar player. Ben will hold his class the first 15 minutes of the intermission. Ben will have a song picked out and go over it with those who are interested in attending and this is free. Any new players interested please come out and let Ben help you.
Joe Rouse

Post by Joe Rouse »

Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014 will be our next jam session and along with Ben Price giving instruction for the newer players that may attend, Roger Edgington will be available for any questions on playing, repairing and general maintenance of the steel guitar, pedal or non pedal. We appreciate Roger's contribution to the steel guitar and to our jam sessions.
Sunday Feb. 9, 2014,2pm at the American Legion Post 593, 326 W. Legion Dr. Converse, Tx....jr
Brett Barton

Post by Brett Barton »

Joe,

We are hosting our softball tournament for opening weekend so I'll be putting in a lot of hours of the next two days and will be unable to attend the meeting. I haven't looked that far ahead at the schedule but hopefully I can make it down for the meeting next month. Y'all have a great time tomorrow!
Joe Rouse

Post by Joe Rouse »

That's ok Brett...our next jam session will be the first Sunday of March. Try to get to Austin's jam session. I believe Stephen and Rose have theirs next weekend. Our next one will be March 2, 2014. Hope to see you then....jr
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

Gettin' packed up... ready for the season opener! Thinking about taking the Harley... it hasn't been out in a while... if it starts, I'll bring it and the Frypan.
New FB Page: Lap Steel Licks And Stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195394851800329
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

Well, the Harley and the Frypan made it just fine... what a good time! Thanks to Joe, Kenny, and the bunch for what they do... there were thirteen guitars on stage! See y'all next month at your regular (first Sunday) time.
New FB Page: Lap Steel Licks And Stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195394851800329
Joe Rouse

Post by Joe Rouse »

Stephen My Friend, Thank You for being with us and contributing so much. We had probably the best jam session in our history and we've had some good ones. I'll get back with a more complete rundown after while...I'm still in the more coffee stage this morning. Thanks again Stephen...take care...jr For anyone that has the opportunity, try to attend one of the other jam sessions in the area. Billy and Patti Phelps also have a jam session on the first Sunday if the month in Katy, Texas and Stephen Cowell and Rose Sinclair are doing the Austin Steel Co-op in of course Austin, Texas. They have a web page "Austin Steel Co-op"...jr
Joe Rouse

Post by Joe Rouse »

San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc. had a really great jam session on Sunday, Feb. 9. We did have 12 guitars on the playing field and were "WOWED" by the playing. We had Stephen Cowell from Round Rock,David Halverson from Devine, Greg Holland and Roger Edgington from San Antonio, Randy"The Victoria Flash"Boyd from Victoria, Bill McCumber from Alice, Dean Vallerie from Bulverde, Rusty Wilson from San Antonio, Mark Moseley from Helotes, and yours truly. We had Miguel Saldana and Brent Baucumm in our instruction corner and all seemed happy to be present. We also have 2 new members in our band,Jim Cleckler on bass and Dr. Bill Ricketts on drums and are happy to have them. Ken Piper brought his cousin Dave Dauer who played guitar and gave us a short talk on the work his company does with remodeling homes for our disabled veterans. Ben Price, our newsletter man and Mark Moseley also on guitar. Our next jam session will be March 2, 2014 from 2pm til 5pm at the American Legion Post 593, 326 W. Legion Dr. Converse Texas. We want to "THANK" the American Legion Post 593 for the new stage they have provided us, and Thank You for allowing us to rent the hall and providing the great hamburgers and hotdogs.I think everyone who attended will say they had fun. Thank you Judy Edgington for the great cookies and Ruth McCumber and Sylvia Rouse for counting our donations, and Jorja Piper for manning the video camera.If I left anyone out please forgive me....jr
Kenny Piper

Jam Session

Post by Kenny Piper »

Joe still high in the heavens from last Sunday. Whow whow and whow what a turn out. From our regulars to the new pickers for the first time and to a great beginners corner. Everyone that was there sure had a whole lot of fun playing and visiting. Many thanks to the new band members and for those who came from out of town to help kick off our first jam session of the year. Hope to see everyone in March. Keep on "steelin".
Roger Edgington

Post by Roger Edgington »

We had a great time. Thanks Team Joe for us having such a good time.