Cajun Connection at SWSGA

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Joe Rogers

Cajun Connection at SWSGA

Post by Joe Rogers »

We wanted to take a moment to thank Billy Easton and everyone in the SWSGA for inviting us to the Phoenix show this year. It was our first time performing there and we had an absolute blast!! The hotel was first rate, the backup band and audio/video staff were fabulous, and the audience feedback was incredible.

We also want to express our sincere thanks to Dave Beaty and the entire Telonics family. Dave, there are simply no words to adequately express our gratitude for all you do. You have a passion for steel guitar and it reflects in every single product you turn out. We are so grateful our paths have crossed...or should I say collided... LOL!!!

We honestly didn't know what to look forward to at the show and the experience exceeded all of our expectations.

The Cajun Connection

Murnel Babineaux, Richard Comeaux, Joe Rogers
Rick Schmidt

Post by Rick Schmidt »

Hey Joe.... it was really great to get to meet you, Murnel and Richard! You all are some fantastic musicians! Thanks for allowing me to share the stage with you!
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

I love them boys. I've known Joe and Murnel for a few years now, but really enjoyed gabbing with Mssr. Comeaux and picking his brain about his quite unusual tuning this year. Monster pickers all. :D
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

....and most of all "my friends" :D
......Roy
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

I Love these guy's....Great Pickers ...Great show.....They made the show that much better!!!........
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

Joe...
You guys hit it out of the park!! Great job!! You were such a hit....we all enjoyed your sets and I got many good reports from lots of folks. We could not help but pat our feet and clap our hands!! You guys are great musicians, but more than that you are gentlemen that I am proud to call friends...

Billy
Billy & Meriul Easton
Nashville, TN
Joe Rogers

Post by Joe Rogers »

Rick, was great to meet you as well. Enjoyed your steel playing as well as your bass playing. Was great to have you on the stage with us!!

Roy, I have been a fan of yours loooong before we ever got to meet. :-)

Herb, really missed chatting with you at this show. We always have great laughs anytime we hook up! Will have to catch up in Dallas!

David, at some point this year I WILL spend a day with you dissecting your copedent as well as continuing our pedal steel discussion from the other day!

Billy & Meriul, was such a pleasure and honor being part of the SWSGA experience this year. It will take a few weeks to rub the smile off my face!!!

Joe Rogers
Jack Mitchell

Thank you

Post by Jack Mitchell »

Thanks so much to "The Cajun Connection" for coming to Arizona. Your show was spectacular!
I hope you can come every year.

I bought your CD and it is also great!

Thank you!!!
Niels Andrews

Post by Niels Andrews »

Besides being great musicians they are definitely entertainers. Loved their show. :D :D :D
Die with Memories. Not Dreams.
Good Stuff like Zum S-12, Wolfe Resoport
MSA SS-12, Telonics Combo.
Skip Edwards

Post by Skip Edwards »

Talk about a triple threat...you guys were awesome.
Earnest Bovine

Post by Earnest Bovine »

But there was an accordion and it hurt my delicate ears.
Ray Harrison

Post by Ray Harrison »

All the Connection guys are great players and so much fun to be around.
Guys, IU sure enjoyed sitting in the Telonics room and playing and singing. Thanks for such a great time.
Ray Harrison
Bass/sing/Love PSG
77 Stingray/Kiesel 5 string bass
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Joe Naylor

Thanks

Post by Joe Naylor »

Thanks a bunch for the shows and the opportunity to talk with ya.

You guys were great look forward to seeing you down the road.

Joe Naylor
Announcer / Emcee
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Troy Porter

Post by Troy Porter »

Ray, I was lucky enough to be in the Telonics room when you and the Cajun guy,s were jamming. Sure sounded good to me. The Cajun connection really know how to put icing on the cake. Thanks to Dave Beaty for talking them into coming to our show.
Joe Rogers

Post by Joe Rogers »

Ray, enjoyed the Telonics room jam, was really fun!

Earnest, the instrument is actually a Melodeon, they are easier on the ears than a real accordion...
My Union card gives me license to play it, so whoever is in the signal path simply has to endure... :lol:

Joe Rogers
Tom Mossburg

Post by Tom Mossburg »

You guys were awesome. My wife and I try to make it to the Simi Valley Cajun & Blues festival each memorial day weekend. We would love to see you play there.
MSA Studio Pro U-12 x 2, Telonics
Dave Beaty

Thanks to the Cajun Connection

Post by Dave Beaty »

Joe, Murnel and Richard, speaking on behalf of everyone in the building, it was entirely 'our' pleasure to share your music. Thank you.
Whoo Hoo!
Dave