MSA Blue Prints?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Wayne Neal

MSA Blue Prints?

Post by Wayne Neal »

Is there any place to get a set of plans for an MSA sd10 classic? I have some end plates, pedals, cross rods, bell cranks, neck and headstock. Was wondering the specs of the under carraige. I may give building a guitar a try.
D10 Carter, b-bender Tele, Electric Fiddle & Mandolin, Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 BW1203's, Peavey Special 130 Ken Fox mod BW1203.
Jim Pitman

Post by Jim Pitman »

I would think that some MSA owner would be able to relay some dimension to you. I would if I still owned one.
patience - someone will chime in.
Wayne Neal

Post by Wayne Neal »

I am playing an MSA d10...I just dont want to disassimble my guitar to do all the measuring and such. :oops:
D10 Carter, b-bender Tele, Electric Fiddle & Mandolin, Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 BW1203's, Peavey Special 130 Ken Fox mod BW1203.
Jim Pitman

Post by Jim Pitman »

Oh, Is see. You own a complete guitar too.
I guess to ensure accuracy one would have to disassemble I suppose.
Who knows perhaps someone her on the forum did just that and will respond. - Kinda a long shot though.
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

I have a 12, but the length should be the same, since they used the same keyheads. And mine is half-disassembled. Let me know what numbers you need. Longitudinal numbers should be the same, but lateral numbers won't.
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
Jerry Queen

Re: MSA Blue Prints?

Post by Jerry Queen »

Wayne Neal wrote:Is there any place to get a set of plans for an MSA sd10 classic? I have some end plates, pedals, cross rods, bell cranks, neck and headstock. Was wondering the specs of the under carraige. I may give building a guitar a try.
I have a SD10 body ,white mica
solid maple not plywood!!
Jerry Queen 740-667-9724
Coolville ohio
Wayne Neal

Post by Wayne Neal »

Thanks for the offer Jerry...I have The stuff to build my body already...I am looking for the measurements of stock used to support the underside. Sizes of set screws(for pedal stops etc.) What size to cut the hole to let my changers set in.

I was just fishing I guess to see if any one had done one before or knew where to find such a thing.(Like an exploded veiw of the guitar) I am going to use the back neck off of mine anyhow so I guess when I get time I'll strip down the whole thing-make the measurements-and give it a good cleaning while I'm in the misery :P

Thanks guys.
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

It appears that the front and rear aprons were drilled on a jig, and not a lot of stuff attached to the wood. I'll be home Sunday. I know you'll need
Height off the deck to the centers of screw holes
Distances between pedal shafts
Distances between pedal shafts and knee lever shafts (they're NOT in the center)
Apron thickness
Apron length
Dimensions and locations of changer holes, also of keyhead mounting holes
Height off the deck of the flat bar on front apron that holds the pedal pull tabs and pedal stops
I can get the rear apron numbers for the *KR hardware, but I'm not a fan of their system
Wayne Neal

Post by Wayne Neal »

Thanks Lane...But dont go out of your way. This is not an urgent project...just something I am peice'n together as my collection of parts and such grows.

Thanks again 8)
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

If you think of any other measurements you need, let me know.
Gerald Smith

Msa

Post by Gerald Smith »

Wayne, I am getting a D10 classic that I will be doing a complete cleaning, changers out, all pull rods and bellcranks out, I might be able to help you with any screw sizes or measurment, I should have it apart in about a week.
Wayne Neal

Post by Wayne Neal »

Thanks! Anything will help. Like I said it is not an urgent deal. But if you got one apart and dont mind doing some measuring and such I would appreciate it. :)