Case or gig bag for Recording King lap steel

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Dale Gamble

Case or gig bag for Recording King lap steel

Post by Dale Gamble »

I have, within my collection of eight lap steel guitars, a Recording King RG-32 and I'm trying to find a case or gig bag that it will fit in. Because it is an inexpensive guitar, I don't really want to invest in a Hatton case or anything that is more valuable than the guitar itself, but I also don't want it to get all scarred up for no good reason. Does anyone know where I can get a case or gig bag it will fit in? Thanks.
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

Mark Van Allen sells a good gig bag.

The TKL lap steel gig bag is a good choice as well.
Brad’s Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars
Tom Wolverton

Post by Tom Wolverton »

I have several lap steels in that Mark van Allen gig bag. Works well.
To write with a broken pencil is pointless.
John RJ Wilson

Post by John RJ Wilson »

Off the wall, but I have found that Archery recurve bow cases, preferebly the hard abs type, and tactical rifle cases are a good size for lap steel, Wallmart sell them and they can take legs, volume pedal etc. Some are thin waxy platic which is not good. Some even come with wheels. You might have to do pluck foam removal or make a syrofoam inner to fit, and cover it with some velvet material. Decut and striker are a couple of namesMake sure it is rectangular tho'. Soft padded cases are available too.
Here is a link to what I mean.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Decut-Hard-Bo ... 1153944208
Guyatone HG-91, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Ernie Ball Jr volume pedal.
Steven Erickson

Post by Steven Erickson »

The Road Runner Roadster Little Brat 3/4-Sized Guitar Gig Bag works for me. Available from most of the online music vendors, $50. I found one in stock at a Guitar Center store. Tough exterior, foam padded interior, several zippered pockets. Highly recommended!
Russell Taylor

Post by Russell Taylor »

I have a RK lap steel, and after reading the above posts went looking at some of the links. I liked the Road Runner gig bag, but I'm such a cheapskate, so I checked out similar items and ended up purchasing this one for $15 including shipping. Seems good enuff to tote to the guitar around in without banging it up.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessor ... ar-gig-bag
Dale Gamble

Thanks

Post by Dale Gamble »

Thanks for all the info and suggestions. I'm pretty sure I found what I want in either the Roadrunner or the one Mark Van Allen sells. Thanks again.