Boogie Sherrard passes in Louisville

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Glenn Thompson

Boogie Sherrard passes in Louisville

Post by Glenn Thompson »

Donald "Boogie" Sherrard passed away this morning here in Louisville after a lengthy illness. A well known steel and guitar player, he will certainly be missed. I have no details on arrangements at this time.
bruce fischer

Post by bruce fischer »

prayers for all the family & friends..
bruce & lynn
sho-bud super pro II, blue darlin' VI
Glenn Thompson

Post by Glenn Thompson »

Funeral is 2:00pm Tuesday at Fern Creek Funeral Home, 5406 Bardstown Road in Louisville with burial in Resthaven Memorial Park. Visitation is noon-8:00pm Monday and after 10:00am Tuesday.
Leslie Elliott

Our Condolences for Boogie's Family

Post by Leslie Elliott »

We are so sorry for your loss and send you our thoughts and prayers. We have known Boogie for many years - we go way back to the mid 1960's and the old Sho-Bud days
with him. May you find comfort in knowing how much he was loved and thought of in the music world and that he will be very much missed. We really enjoyed all the times we got to be on the stage with him and for having his friendship. May he rest in peace as he joins the heavenly band.
Your friends,
Leslie and Ron Elliott
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

So sorry to hear this. Sincere condolences to Jeannie and the family.
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

I a saddened by this. Though we had not been in touch for a while, we remained friends since we first met back in the 80's.

Our prayers go out to the family.

Another steel guitar great gone.

Bill
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

Another fine gentleman of the steel guitar community gone to be with Him.

I first met Boogie in the late 90's, when I first attended the Central Kentucky Steel Guitar Show in Lexington. Always enjoyed his lead guitar work in the staff band there and of course his flat-pickin' steel set.

Sincere condolences to Boggie's friends and family.
HagFan
Emmons Lashley LeGrande II
Jimmy Campbell

Post by Jimmy Campbell »

Sympathy to Boggie's Family.
George Crowder

Boogie's passing

Post by George Crowder »

My condolences to Boogie's family on your loss.
I always enjoyed the musical contributions he made at the Classic Steel Shows in Lexington. He was an excellent musician on guitar and steel. He will be sorely missed.
Junior Knight

Post by Junior Knight »

Prayers for the family.
2006 Msa S-12 “milly” 8 & 5

. Peavey Nashville 1-12 Tommy Huff speaker cabs. Goodrich pedals & matchbro.Steeler Choice seats.. that is all..(for now) lol

Jagwire Strings
Facebook/ Junior Knight, Steel Guitar
Fred Layman

Boogie Sherard

Post by Fred Layman »

Another great friend and talented steel and guitar player has left us. Boogie played lead guitar in the band and also performed on steel at our shows at the annual Central Kentucky Steel Guitar Shows in Lexington Kentucky for several years. Another dear friend gone. My condolences to his family.
Donna Sherrard Williams

Post by Donna Sherrard Williams »

Thank you all so much for your condolences.... Dad was my idol, my mentor, my friend and my lead guitar - steelman for my whole life... We kept Emmons, Day and Ray Price music playing for the 2 days at the funeral home. We proudly displayed his Green Darlin Guild next to the casket and had a Flat picked placed between his right thumb and index finger.... It hurts but I will be forever proud of the man and his legacy... The steel guitar community has lost a true lover of that instrument :( and I have a huge hole in my heart...
Donna Sherrard Williams "Boogie's Daughter "
Stoney Stonecipher

Post by Stoney Stonecipher »

My thoughts and prayers go out for you Donna and the rest of the family. Boogie was a great friend, a great Lead player, and a great Steel player that was a steady performer on my Smoky Mountain Jamboree year after year. He was everybodys friend and 'backup man' whether you needed Steel, Lead or just some good Rhythm background. He will be sadly missed by all of us that knew him and admired his Talents.
May he rest in peace as he joins all the many other good pickers already Jamming in that Heavenly Band---Play on Boogie, they need you!!!!
Donna Sherrard Williams

Post by Donna Sherrard Williams »

Thank You Stoney :)As you know, Dad has suffered with Dementia for the past 7 years but ultimately his big ole kind heart is what gave up at the ripe ole age of 81... I cannot say enough how proud I am of him... Love and miss him everyday :cry: One thing I know... he LOVED pickin' and he LOVED his pickin' buddies.. God bless all of you :)
Donna Sherrard Williams "Boogie's Daughter "
John Davis

Post by John Davis »

So sorry for your loss Donna, I only met Boogie one time when I was in Louisville such a nice man,and he played guitar for me while I tried to play steel.
May he rest in peace
Todd Nalley

Post by Todd Nalley »

he was a great guy he always had smile on his face everytime i seen him he always teased me ! he will dearly missed in the Music World and at The Lou Metro Steel Club it was a great hornor knowing him ! and to be on the saME STAGE WITH HIM NUMBER OF TIMES ! UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN MY FRIEND !!