Emmons d 10 on Ebay enda soon

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Bud Musgrave

Emmons d 10 on Ebay enda soon

Post by Bud Musgrave »

Emmons D10 on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/301040518551 ends tomorrow
Paul Norman

Post by Paul Norman »

This guitar already has 40 bids. It will go over $3000 at the last minute.
Chris Lucker

Post by Chris Lucker »

Paul, if you look at the bids, 21 of the 40 are from two bidders -- one with three feedbacks and another with nine feedbacks. Their bids consist of just a lot of little bids until they maxed out someone else's bid. They do not appear to be real buyers. They are just bidders.

What I do not like to see is that the current high bidder, and another bidder in the mix, both have a history of retracting their bids.

But, it does not matter, because a buyer is in complete control over what amount he or she bids.

I did not see any mention that this is a Forum member associated with the eBay sale, with a sale coming from advertising the eBay sale in the Forum classifieds translating into a Forum donation. That is why I made the comments abut the eBay bidders.
Chris Lucker
Red Bellies, Bigsbys and a lot of other guitars.
Keith Bolog

Post by Keith Bolog »

Its gonna be sniped with one second left.
Say what you mean. Mean what you say.
Bob Hamilton

Emmons

Post by Bob Hamilton »

Looks pretty tired anyway..
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

Road hard and put away wet is how it looks to me. I wouldn't give what the bid is now without a better close up look.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

looks ok to me. probably been played alot. early skh legrande i think.
obviously owned by some non player now who doesn't know how to set it up or put it in the case right.
Lee Dassow

Post by Lee Dassow »

Looks like it sold for what it was worth T.L.
2015 Mullen D-10 Royal Precision 9x8,-1990 BMI S-10 5x5-1972 Silver face Fender pro Reverb amp,-1965 Fender Super Reverb Amp,- 1966 Fender Showman Amp Two 15" JBL speakers,- 2006 65 Fender Twin Reverb reissue Amp,- 1982 Peavey Session 500 amp,-1978 Peavey Session 400,Goodrich Volume Pedals,John Pearse Steel Bars,
Keith Bolog

Post by Keith Bolog »

2300 bucks...sounds fair to me even if its beat up. I wonder how many of these that I see all the time for 3000 - 4000 actually sell for that much.
Say what you mean. Mean what you say.
Eric Philippsen

Post by Eric Philippsen »

$2300 + shipping. Call it $2400 rounded off. Just my opinion, but I think that was actually a pretty good buy for whoever got it. For an Emmons it might just be a diamond in the rough.

Dirty? Rode hard and put away wet? I'd agree with that, but it's been my experience that most of the time a couple of evenings, more or less, with a good cleaner, soft rags and elbow grease often make a dingy steel look pretty darn nice.

I often just get some movies, plant myself in front of the screen, and start cleaning while I'm watching.
b0b

Post by b0b »

Remember the rule:
Use of the Classified Ads section to drive traffic to online auctions (e.g. EBay) is subject to a 2.5% finders fee if the auctioned item is bought by a Forum member.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video