Kevin Ryans Intermediate/Advanced, E9th Seminar in Phoenix

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

kevin ryan

Kevin Ryans Intermediate/Advanced, E9th Seminar in Phoenix

Post by kevin ryan »

I was really excited to be asked to do an Intermediate/advanced class for the SWSTGA 's annual Phoenix show. I will be giving away to all participants a copy of my instruction… "101 Hot and Sassy Steel Licks Part 1" just for signing up.. Also I will donate a portion of the fees back to the Club… At least $5… I will be charging $40 for the 4 hour seminar on Friday morning, the 17th, from 9am to 1:00…

The seminar will be a little more on the advanced side, covering demystifying fast playing, the art of learning note clusters and how to learn them and also taking a look at playing over minor changes in country and pop country music… There will be something for everybody.. So I am really looking forward to this..

If you wear your picks like this, you may want to take Denny's great beginner's seminar on Thursday… Everyone else is certainly welcomed to check on in!
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

hey Guy's, Don't miss out on this chance to learn from a great Picker, and Guy))

I will be in Denny's class...i think thats my right hand, 8)
kevin ryan

Post by kevin ryan »

Thanks David… I have always loved your playing and shtick! Really look forward to seeing you at the show..Kev
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

Kevin's bag is so deep that he couldn't possibly begin to empty it at one seminar. This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to expand their playing horizons!
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Kev, are you saying there's something wrong with wearing picks as shown? That's how mine are, works for me!...Helps me get a really unique tone that way, and also keeps me from playing too doggone fast.
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Skip Edwards

Post by Skip Edwards »

Yeah, me too. I wear 'em that way...on my bar hand.
Troy Porter

Post by Troy Porter »

I have heard Kevin play on several different occasions and GUY'S, you don't want to miss this one. Kevin is a great player and an excellent teacher.
kevin ryan

Post by kevin ryan »

Hey Troy… thanks buddy. I'm going to be going through a few really cool things.. Learning the triplet feel, playing over minor changes in country- pop tunes and building a single note solo for some fast playing… Hoping everybody that signs up brings their steels with some kind of head phone thing and a recording device of some sort… There will be handouts to work from… This is my first instruction of this type.. John McClung gave me some tips… You can check out some of my stuff here if you are on the fence about this class….
http://steelguitarcafe.com/tab-vid
kevin ryan

Post by kevin ryan »

I'm really looking forward to the show and the class… I'm really working on bringing something new to the class… This is my first opportunity at this, but I have been on the teaching side of steel guitar for quite awhile … Just bring your steel.. We won't need head phone amps, however if you have them bring them… I will be providing a handout we will be following but we could…. I will also be handing out a copy of 101 hot and sassy part 1…. It should be fun
Troy Porter

Post by Troy Porter »

Kevin, I was able to get signed in this morning so count me in. I will bring an extra preamp and set of headphones in case someone forgets theirs.

Troy :D :D
Darrell Birtcher

Post by Darrell Birtcher »

Kevin,
I sent you a PM, but if it's not too late please sign
me up for this class.
THANKS.

Darrell Birtcher
Troy Porter

Post by Troy Porter »

Darrell, Denny has signed you up for Kevins class. SWee ya there.