SOLD Emmons 1979 D-10 Push-Pull SOLD

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Thom Darrow

SOLD Emmons 1979 D-10 Push-Pull SOLD

Post by Thom Darrow »

Selling my Emmons 1979 D-10 P/P pedal steel. S/N 2740D with rosewood mica and four knee levers and eight foot pedals.
Also includes an original Thomas custom case, with some erosion on the bottom surface. The E9th neck and the C6th neck are using the Emmons copedant, E's on left knee levers.
The Emmons P/P looks to be un-touched. All original with no changes to the knee levers and foot pedals. I am letting it go for $3,100.00 + $80.00 for shipping and insurance. Cash or Postal money orders. Please no deals or trades. And lets keep it in the good old USA. TKS....

Last edited by Thom Darrow on 24 Jan 2014 3:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Bill Bailey

Emmons

Post by Bill Bailey »

:D Larry Behm! Attetion! Oh my this is a beautiful guitar.
Bill Bailey
Kingman Arizona
2014 Mullen G2 D 10 8+5 Black
92 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10
Two Nashville 400 Amps and Nashvill 112.
robert kramer

Post by robert kramer »

Somebody please buy this horn.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

honk, honk!
Thom Darrow

Post by Thom Darrow »

BUMP
Ron Funk

Post by Ron Funk »

Thom -

WOW !

I thought for a second someone was selling my steel !

I bought my Rosewood D10 PP S/N 2754D with 8 + 4 new in 1979, and it has been my workhorse for nearly 35 years. Only mods made has been to reconfigure to 8 + 8.

Someone needs this steel in their stable !
Ron Funk

Post by Ron Funk »

oops - just flipped mine over and we're even closer kin.

Mine is S/N 2745D - just five away from yours.

Somebody needs to pull the trigger on this Steel

"Ask the guy that owns one !"
Thom Darrow

Post by Thom Darrow »

Pedal steels are just not my cup of tea. I gave it my best and I just can't get it to work out. So I'm selling it and returning full time playing the 5 string banjo. I guess I'm a bluegrass player after all.I'm looking for a 1934 TB-1 conversion banjo. They start off at $6,500. TKS....
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

what in the world could make a banjo cost that much? certainly not the sound...
Thom Darrow

Post by Thom Darrow »

Chris just as an Emmons P/P is warm and has the full body sound. So a Gibson prewar banjo made 80 years ago also has that clear tone and lots of body. Earl Scruggs was a master on his prewar Gibson. I'm not from the south but playing bluegrass banjo gives me the same thrill as you get playing an Emmons P/P. TKS....
Eric Philippsen

Post by Eric Philippsen »

Is the case that's pictured the Thomas custom case mentioned in the guitars description? It kinda' looks like an original Emmons case.
Thom Darrow

Post by Thom Darrow »

Eric; I bought the Emmons P/P about seven years ago. The Thomas custom case came with the steel guitar. Its got to be original with this Emmons as like you said it seems to fit with the age. TKS...
Greg Derksen

Post by Greg Derksen »

Thom , that is a good example, my Dad has two prewar mastertones and they are both tone machines,

Greg
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

Thomas Case Co. made the cases for Emmons guitars for many years, definitely in the early 80's. So your case is prob'ly original to the guitar.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

Has this guitar sold yet? I have 2790D and it is a keeper for sure.

Larry Behm
'70 D10 Black fatback Emmons PP, Hilton VP, BJS bars, Boss GE-7 for Dobro effect, Zoom MS50G, Flamma Reverb, Planet Wave cables, Quilter 202 Toneblock, Telonics 15” speaker.

Phone: 971-219-8533
Thom Darrow

Post by Thom Darrow »

Larry no it's still on the market. TKS...
Thom Darrow

Post by Thom Darrow »

BUMP
Jason Gilbert

Post by Jason Gilbert »

sent you a pm. This still for sale?
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I'm surprised this guitar is still on the market at this very reasonable price. I was just in Phoenix at the SWSGA show and Boo Bernstein played what arguably was the most killer set of the show on a guitar virtually identical to this horn. The tone of these guitars is astounding.

Just sayin...
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

Just saw this again and I too am surprised this guitar still here. I've got the twin to this guitar that I've been playing on stage at our Opry for little over a year. Even people that know nothing about steel guitars compliment me on tone which has never happened in 22 years with any other steel. I never touch the tuners, just tweak the keys a little and its ready to go. Never broken a string either. I change about every 3 or 4 months. Someone needs to give this nice guitar a home because I'm already tempted to have two just alike.
Here's Mine

Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Thom Darrow

Post by Thom Darrow »

Look you guys are on the mark. I'm not the best steel player and when I plugged it in the sound was unbeatable from all other pedal steels that I've ever noodled with. As you all said it has a tone that can not be over looked. I thank you all for your kind words that are 100% true. TKS.....
Thom Darrow

Sold Sold Sold

Post by Thom Darrow »

SOLD Thank you all for looking. SOLD