Carter D10 9/7 SOLD PENDING PAYMENT !

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Larry Lenhart

Carter D10 9/7 SOLD PENDING PAYMENT !

Post by Larry Lenhart »

I have decided to relist my Carter D10, black, Emmons set up with Bill Lawrence XL-16s pickups. It is in excellent condition and plays and sounds great, I am just not playing it anymore, since I have gone to the "non pedal steel" and besides, I really need the money. This thread contains alot more information about the steel. I can bring this to the Dallas show and would prefer to do that rather than ship it, but I will do what it takes. Pay pay accepted and you pay the shipping, but only to lower 48. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Larry Lenhart on 23 Feb 2014 5:29 pm, edited 15 times in total.
John Sluszny

Post by John Sluszny »

Current copedent ?
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

This reply was deleted
Last edited by Larry Lenhart on 6 Dec 2013 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Sluszny

Post by John Sluszny »

...and a picture of the side where all the nylon tuners are too, please.
Thanks.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Please note new lowered price, from $2400 down to $2200.
Thanks in advance for looking and feel free to email with questions.
Jerry Foster

carter D10

Post by Jerry Foster »

wow Larry, that is a good looking steel. I tell you I love my Carter D-10. if you don't sell it in a couple of days I might be interested, a friend of mine is looking for one, so keep in touch. Jerry F.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Thanks Jerry...yes I will probably regret selling it, like I have so many steels in the past...haha,,,but it seems like the thing to do at this time. It is a great playing and sounding steel...I would like to see it going your direction ! I always enjoy hearing your playing at the shows !! Hope to see you in Phoenix this year.
John Swain

Post by John Swain »

Larry,that's a great deal! But to correct your "facts" that is not a 1998, more likely a 2005! If you check All Brisco's website there's an explanation of the serial number system. This is a great guitar at a fair price. JS
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Thanks John for that information ! I was going by the date on the copedent chart and made a "false" assumption ! Thanks for correcting me on that...thats even better !
Mike Taylor

Post by Mike Taylor »

Larry..

PM sent your way..

Mike
Mike Davoult

Post by Mike Davoult »

Are the pickups xr16 or 710's?
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Mike, I am not sure. I read thru the owners manual and it doesnt address the pickups. I dont know how to tell what they are, and if you know of a way, please let me know. Perhaps I could contact the original owner and ask him. Thanks for your question, and I will try to find the answer or maybe someone on the forum can tell by looking at them.
Dave Goodman

Carter D10 9/7

Post by Dave Goodman »

I sold this steel to Larry. I ordered it at the March, 2004 show, Irving. Received it in May, 2004. The pick-ups are XLR-16's, and it does have split tuning. All pulls were accurate/positive. Plays as easy as any steel I've had (about 15). If I still had the money I would buy it back!
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Thanks Dave so much for your input. You know alot more about the steel in general and this one specifically than I do !!!
Dave Goodman

Carter D10 9/7

Post by Dave Goodman »

This steel is 1 inch shorter than standard.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

I decided to relist this steel again. Holiday bills, etc. you know how that goes. Contact me if you have an offer,,,I might consider a trade for the right SD10.
steve takacs

Where do you tune the splits

Post by steve takacs »

Dave, where are the splits adjusted? I don't see any screws that can be turned at the changer end. Thanks, stevet
steve takacs

Where do you tune the splits

Post by steve takacs »

Dave, what are the splits and where are the they adjusted? I don't see any screws at the changer end. Thanks, stevet
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

I should also add agin that this steel includes a road case, which I have seen listed on ebay for $300...it has wheels and is a great protector for this guitar.
Thanks for looking.
J PARKER

Carter

Post by J PARKER »

Has the guitar been played in a lot of smoke and I assume its a 2005 model huh? How would it rate as from a 0to 10 do you think cause oiim picky and I like a nice clean type guitar. Im really interested in it. Jim 601 692 7237
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Jim
Since I have owned the guitar it has not been played in smokey environments...I cant speak for the time Dave owned it. I play it at Senior Center dances where smoking is not permitted. According to the serial number, the guitar was built in 2004. I hope this helps. If it hasnt sold by then, I am taking the steel with me to Phoenix for the steel show there in about two weeks in January where I hope to have it on display at the SWSGA booth. To me, the steel is in great shape and clean, but your opinion might vary if, as you say, you are really "picky". Thanks for your interest and let me know if you want some additional pictures of anything in particular.
W. Van Horn

Post by W. Van Horn »

Seems like a great deal.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

I never noticed that the steel was shorter than normal until Dave posted that, so I am glad he said something. I measured it this morning and from the floor to the bottom of the rear apron, it is 26 5/8 inches. I dont know what the norm is...I am 5'9" and it seems fine to me. Thanks for the interest.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

I would like to comment that if this steel doesnt sell by Jan 6th or so, I will be taking it to the Phoenix steel show and you can see it there. Could save someone the hassle and expense of shipping it ! Thanks for your interest, I have had alot of interest, but so far, no deal has been reached. I have been playing pedal steel since 1969, off and on,haha, and this is the 3rd Carter I have owned and the best one of the group, imho. Thanks for your interest and feel free to email me with any questions. Someone was wanting to know about the splits,which I know nothing about, so I will contact Dave, the original owner, for his input.
Michael McNeill

Carter D10 9/7 w/case with wheels $2200-back up for sale

Post by Michael McNeill »

A couple years ago I had Carter build me this same steel in black. The case was $400.00. I bought some other stuff too, so I can't remember the exact amount I paid but, with the case it was around $3,700.00.

Instead of kicking the tires and worrying about the set up for 9 and 8 all week long, someone should write this fella a check and claim yourself a great pedal steel. You will not find a better deal than this. It is easy to redo the pulls.

Like most people, I am always looking for something cooler that will make me sound better. When I do, I don,t want to trade away my Carter D-10 because I know how good it is. Chances are the new steel will not measure up to my Carter.

One of my students just got a "Judge" by Fred Justice. This is a real nice piece. Another has a Mullen RP, another has a "Blackjack". I also have a Rains SD-10 and a GFI D-10. These are all real nice but my Carter can hold it's own. I have never had the opportunity to play a Zum, Emmons, MSA. I wish I could have them all

I guess I am amazed that a Carters' resale value is as low as it appears.