Tut Taylor Dobro w OHC Trade or $1150 or BO

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Tommy Grattan

Post by Tommy Grattan »

Tut Taylor Tennessean Guitar with OHC in good condition. This has been a players guitar so shows some wear, a few small dings and the cover plate was cleaned with the wrong material and it has a few spots on it. It's hard to see these issues in the pics but it doesn't take away from the guitar. It plays great, is solid and the case is in very good condition. I would like to trade for an equivalent 8 string dobro with HSC or a Weissenborn with case. If I can't find someone to trade with I'll sell the guitar for $1150 or BO. If you have something you want to trade let me know or you can make me an offer for the guitar if you want. I bought this guitar from the original owner who purchased it new at Gryphon Music and have the receipt for the guitar from Gryphon. You can contact me at the SGF or email me directly at frankiec@outrageous.net"

Thanks!
ImageImage
Last edited by Tommy Grattan on 18 Nov 2013 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

I wish. I have owned all 3 models of Tut's, and they are very good guitars.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Tommy Grattan

Re: Tut Taylor Dobro w OHC $1150 or BO

Post by Tommy Grattan »

Thomas Grattan wrote:Tut Taylor Tennessean Guitar with OHC in good condition. This has been a players guitar so shows some wear, a few small dings and the cover plate was cleaned with the wrong material and it has a few spots on it. It's hard to see these issues in the pics but it doesn't take away from the guitar. It plays great, is solid and the case is in very good condition. I would like to trade for an equivalent 8 string dobro with HSC or a Weissenborn with case. If I can't find someone to trade with I'll sell the guitar asking $1150 of BO. If you have something you want to trade let me know or you can make me an offer for the guitar if you want. I bought this guitar from the original owner who purchased it new at Gryphon Music and have the receipt for the guitar from Gryphon. You can contact me at the SGF or email me directly at frankiec@outrageous.net"

Thanks!
ImageImage
Tommy Grattan

Post by Tommy Grattan »

Will consider dropping the price for the right offer. Let me know!

Thanks
James Price

Post by James Price »

Hello,Have you looked inside under the resonater at the label to see who it was signed by and what the serial no. is ,also need purchase date from original receipt that you have from owner, That being said, I might have a trade that might interest you.
Thanks,
James Price
Tommy Grattan

Tut Taylor Dobro

Post by Tommy Grattan »

James,
I just restrung, so I'm not really into taking the top off and having to put another new set of strings on. The label is back toward the neck and was oval I believe and said Tut Taylor and I didn't pay much attention to the number but according to the Crafter's tag I have it says the serial nbr is 090802TTT which concurs with Gryphon's receipt which I have, purchase date:1/11/03. Tell me what you've got and if you really want the signature I'll take the guitar apart and let you know if I'm interested in your trade. You can email me at the forum or directly at frankiec@outrageous.net

Thanks, Tommy
James Price

guitar

Post by James Price »

Tom, I have a very,very good condition Fender 8 string, Stringmaster blond in color with legs but no case-- 1 small bar ding on ths fret board at back facing player-aprox 1/8x 1/8 inch if that.I have 2 of them so only need one. Used to have a 90s Tut but sold it about 3 years ago . I live near Yosemite park so where are you in Ca.
Thanks J.E Price
James Price

Post by James Price »

Must add ,The Fender is for sale in my area. 1st will be first. Thanks
J.E Price
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

This is a great reso for a very good price. When I bought mine used from Elderly Instruments, I payed $1800. If I had the money, this would be on it's way to my house.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Tommy Grattan

Tut Taylor Dobro

Post by Tommy Grattan »

Richard, thanks for the support. I was playing the Tut last night and it sure is sweet but I can't justify 2 six string dobros!
Lee Rider

Post by Lee Rider »

Hey Tommie: I might be interested in the Tut. I keep my walnut dobro in Mendo but need one for my place in the Bay Area. I'm down there working a bunch but am back most weekends.

Lee Rider
Tommy Grattan

Tut Taylor Dobro

Post by Tommy Grattan »

Lee, just sent you a pm. Good to hear from you and thanks for responding. I hope I talk to you soon.

Tommy
Tommy Grattan

Tut Taylor Dobro

Post by Tommy Grattan »

Still available!!!
Patrick Newbery

Still for Sale

Post by Patrick Newbery »

I'll bite for 1100 shipping included. let me know.
thanks!
Tommy Grattan

Tut Taylor Dobro

Post by Tommy Grattan »

Patrick, thanks for the offer and waiting to hear back from you.

Thanks
Patrick Newbery

Sent you an email

Post by Patrick Newbery »

Hi Thomas-
I sent you an email through the forum email, waiting to hear back.
You can also reach me at pm2051@gmail.com

Best,
Patrick
Tommy Grattan

Tut Taylor Dobro

Post by Tommy Grattan »

Patrick, keep sending you emails with payment info. Please call 707-937-3939 if you haven't gotten any emails from me.

Thanks
Tommy Grattan

Tut Taylor Dobro

Post by Tommy Grattan »

Sold! Donation on the way to b0b.

Thanks