First gig with the Encore

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Gregg TeHennepe

First gig with the Encore

Post by Gregg TeHennepe »

Got my Encore back in May, finally had my first gig with it last week, it was a blast. Doug's guitars are the bomb!
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

Glad you're enjoying yours, Gregg. I've had mine since early this year and I've done countless gigs with it already. It was a 'spare' steel while I did my Summer season gig in ND and here are a couple of shots... (I love it through one of my Rolamd 80XL Cube amps and the whole rig weighs nest to nothing!)

Last edited by Roger Rettig on 29 Nov 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

Here it is earlier in the year when I used it on my pit-job doing the musical 'Grease' in Vero Beach...

Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Willis Vanderberg

Post by Willis Vanderberg »

I received mine and it is everything I hoped for...The pedal action is just great. As soon as I get a Roland Cube I will be all set.
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

Everyone out there who gets an Encore - take a bow!! :lol:

A big future for professional pedal steelers who only need one neck are guitars like the Encore, the ETS, and the Justice 3&4. Full featured, lightweight, easy to fly with, and does the job. If I was a regular flyer, I'd prob'ly have one.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Michael R Duffey

zum encore

Post by Michael R Duffey »

Steve Perry

Post by Steve Perry »

Hopefully, I'll have mine by the end of the month. I can't wait!
Roger Kelly

Post by Roger Kelly »

I will be getting my Red S-10 4x5 Encore next week. Been waiting over 4 months. I believe it will be worth the wait. :)
Michael Coggins

Zum Encore

Post by Michael Coggins »

I have my red Zum Encore for 10 months now (Serial No. 013) and I love the feel and sound of it. It works so well with the Roland Cube80X. I'm really amazed how well it stays in tune from practice room ,to car, to gig, very little re-tuning required. Great guitar, one of my better buys!
Mullen Royal Precision SD10, 2002 Fender Telecaster, Alden Mandocaster, Boss Katana 100-212, Stage One V/P, Tom Bradshaw Resonator Pedal. Wampler Paisley Drive, Wampler Ego Compressor, Boss Super Chorus, Simble Overdrive.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Thats great guys ! I will be getting mine after the first of the year, maybe February. Really looking forward to it...hope to get my Carter D10 sold by then :) I have been using the Roland Cube 80 for a year or so now and am very pleased with the amp. I am sure I will be equally pleased with the Zum !
James Taylor

Post by James Taylor »

It's a pure jem!!! JIM TAYLOR