For Sale: Williams D-10 8 x 5 - SOLD !! - - SOLD !

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Al Vesel

For Sale: Williams D-10 8 x 5 - SOLD !! - - SOLD !

Post by Al Vesel »

For Sale is this awesome PRO model "lacquer body" WILLIAMS D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar. 8 pedal x 5 knee levers. Emmons set up. Guitar has a keyless tuning. Triple Raise/Triple Lower All-Pull Changer system w/ hex nylon tuners. Square cross shafts and slotted 5 hole bell cranks. The lacquer finish was redone a few years back. I don't think it was done my Williams, but still a nice job. Guitar has a beautiful blue/green marble look LACQUER finish. Emmons fretboards have been installed, which, personally, are my favorite. They are like new. The guitar case is a wheeled KEAL 2 handle Flight case. Serial Number #328.

Some pics were taken before I cleaned up the polished endplates. So you can see some residue on the front apron metal end plates on the left and right hand end plates in front. Most of that is gone now as you can see from pictures 1 and 6. I buffed them out and most of it came off. Guitar has George E-66 pickups on it. It also comes with a leg/rod bag.

I received an email from Craig Holden, a forum member. He stated that this Willie was his old guitar! He rebuilt it and had John Allison refinish the cabinet. It was originally a bright Kelly green lacquer, but it had literally been around the world several times, and it showed. He said John did a great job on the refinish. He states that it's a great guitar.

Price: $1,650.00 & shipping of $75.00 CONUS

Contact info:

Home email: alvesel@mchsi.com

or contact me thru the forum's email or pm system

Last edited by Al Vesel on 2 Jan 2014 8:48 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's
George McLellan

Post by George McLellan »

My first Willy was just like this one except it was sort of an "orange" color. Fine guitar and very comfortable to play.

Al is a first rate guy to deal with.

Geo
Al Vesel

Wllly D10- keyless

Post by Al Vesel »

TXS George-

You really can't go wrong on this guitar for this price.

Al
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's
Jan Lissnils

Post by Jan Lissnils »

Hi,
What is the weight with flight case?

Regards
Jan
Jan Lissnils

Post by Jan Lissnils »

Hi,
What is the weight with flight case?

Regards
Jan
Al Vesel

For Sale: Williams D-10 8 x 5 Keyless lacquer body

Post by Al Vesel »

Jan,
I still had the UPS shipping box that it came in. The weight, including the guitar, case, and shipping material and shipping box was 69.30 pounds. So I am thinking that the guitar weighs approximately 66 pounds, including the flight case. Of course, you know these flight cases weigh quite a bit as they are built to withstand a lot of abuse. I just weighed it and the case weighs 30 pounds.

So I would think the guitar would weigh around 38 pounds.

TXS

Al V.
steve takacs

Post by steve takacs »

Al, it looks like a 400 model Williams with split tuning on all strings! since it once belonged to Craig Holden it also has good mojo. Very good deal. steve t
C E Holden

Post by C E Holden »

:)
"il brutto"
Al Vesel

Post by Al Vesel »

PRICE LOWERED !!!

Al
Dan Beller-McKenna

Post by Dan Beller-McKenna »

Are those Fessenden bell cranks??
Al Vesel

Williams bell cranks?

Post by Al Vesel »

I don't know Dan. This is the way I received it. Maybe CE Holden can chime in as this was his guitar and he did overhaul it. CE, if you're around can you let us know ?? I'd appreciate it.

TXS.

Al
Stephen Gambrell

Post by Stephen Gambrell »

It's a pre-400 changer.
C E Holden

Post by C E Holden »

Yep, Fessy bellcranks.
"il brutto"
Al Vesel

Williams D-10 8 x 5 lowered price !!!

Post by Al Vesel »

TTT for lowered price !!
Al Vesel

Post by Al Vesel »

I HAVE NOW LOWERED THIS PRICE TO ROCK BOTTOM OF $1,650.00.

HELL, AT THAT PRICE, IF IT DOESN'T SELL I'LL KEEP IT.

THIS IS A PRO MODEL GUITAR D-10 WITH A FLIGHT CASE.

SO LOWERED TO $1,650.00 PLUS THE SHIPPING OF $75.00.

AL
Dale Rottacker

Post by Dale Rottacker »

Wow, Al...that's a crazy price...I don't know much about these guitar's but Wow, how could you go wrong?!?!?...very pretty too!!!
Dale Rottacker, Steelinatune™
*2021 MSA Legend, "Jolly Rancher" D10 10x9
*2021 Rittenberry, "The Concord" D10 9x9
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com
Brian Ostrom

Really????

Post by Brian Ostrom »

I can't believe some one hasn't jumped all over this , especially at this new low price!!!
Williams are great guitars ( i own a 400 series SD10 5&4 ) and it plays beautiful, is built as well as any top pro guitar, and is really light for a D10.
If you got this with split cases your back would thank you for decades!!!
Al is top shelf to deal with so ....
Pull that trigger!!!
Williams SD10 ZumD10 Fessenden D10 . Evans RE150 peavey N400's GKMB 200 emminence speakers!, Live steel strings.
Vincent Lenci

Post by Vincent Lenci »

I picked up one of Al's guitars 2 yrs ago similar to this...all wood 8x8...Williams are great...so is Bill Rudolf ...the manufacturer...great price Al....want to trade ? Lol
Williams D10 8&8 1988 maple burl
Vox VTX 150 Pro ,AD 120 valvetronix
asst Peaveys 500,Renown, MX vtx
Al Vesel

For Sale: Williams D-10 8 x 5 - ROCK BOTTOM PRICE !!

Post by Al Vesel »

Guitar is sold !! TXS to all that looked.

Please close out.

AL