Bryan Adams is Da Man!!

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

David Mullis

Bryan Adams is Da Man!!

Post by David Mullis »

I just got my '71 Emmons back from Bryan Saturday and it's like a totally different guitar. It looks good and plays even better than I had imagined. I got the whole 9 yards, complete restoration and let me tell you guys, it was well worth it. Ole B.A. knows his stuff about these guitars, so, if your push pull is in need of a restoration, setup, or modification (more knee's etc) give him a call. Image I tried to post pics, but, there's a problem with my web space. If anyone wants to see my guitar, just email me.

Thanks
David
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

Hey David, great news about your Steel.
Bring it over and let me play it for a year or two..I'll give you a full report and I won't even charge you !

tp
David Mullis

Post by David Mullis »

Nice try Tony! Image Let me try this pic thing one mo' time. Image <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by David Mullis on 07 July 2003 at 10:44 AM.]</p></FONT>
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

I've been saying that for 21 years David.

Mike<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Mike Sweeney on 08 July 2003 at 09:29 AM.]</p></FONT>
Steve Leonard

Post by Steve Leonard »

Mike and David, I agree with you 100%! Bryan restored my '79 push-pull about two months ago. It plays like a dream and looks like it is brand new. When Ole' B.A. gets through with one it is right! He worked for Emmons Guitar Company for several years and he is a great player so he knows what he is doing. I am fortunate enough to live about 45 minutes away from him so I get to visit(aggravate) him often. I've been tryin' to steal some of them hot licks off of him but he always catches me Image
David Mullis

Post by David Mullis »

I got a chance to play mine out at a gig (benefit)last weekend where I could really crank 'er up a little. This thing sounds AWESOME and plays really good. Hard to beat a fatback Emmons through an Evans! Especially if that particular Emmons has been set up by Bryan! Image
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

Glad to hear that Evans has found its way into the tone equation!
Bryan Adams

Post by Bryan Adams »

david, mike and steve, thanks for the good words, we try to put them old darlings back together the way they are supposed to be, just finished a 65 i recently aquired from larry jenkins that is a real baby doll, can't wait to play it out! maybe kannoplis n.c. show... thanks guys....BA
Frank Estes

Post by Frank Estes »

Bryan knows the right guy to rewind pickups. I had my Emmons E-9 single-coil wound to Sweeney specs (18K) and it is simply wonderful! Just send the pickup to Bryan and it will get done correctly!

------------------
Frank Estes - 1978 Emmons D-10 8+7 #2441D

Larry Jenkins

Post by Larry Jenkins »

David Mike and Steve you are sure right about ole Bryan Adams.I've known B.A since when.In my opinion he is the best builder Emmons ever had, I've owned 9 Emmons, 1 LeGrande and 8 push-pulls, he has built them all. He makes a push-pull play as good as any LeGrande.In my opinion the push-pull is over all other brands and I would'nt cosider letting anyone but B.A.work on mine,nobody rebuilds a push-pull or LeGrande like him.You fellows are right ole B.A. is the MAN. Larry
David Mullis

Post by David Mullis »

Howdy Frank! You're right about the pickups. Bryan had mine wound to those same specs. I thought that guitar sounded good before with the pickups wound the way they were, now, it's just unreal! The guitar absolutely growls!

Take Care
David