Show Us Your Lap Steels

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Rob Munn

Post by Rob Munn »

Here is my 2 cents worth. I love 'em both! Man there are some nice collections on here. EEGADS! (not a tuning)
Hey Lynn. Cool Gibson Who would have thought; an 11 string Gibson single. Wow....Is that factory?

Lee Holliday

Post by Lee Holliday »

A family photo from a few years back, they come and go !!!

And a Home made Hofner (old stock body) and a Dave King Walnut Dobro

Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

I have ordered another piece of aluminum - it should be here next week. When I get it back from the water jet cutters I will post a picture.

I have played a Jb fry pan years ago and found that the intonation was deficient. Just look at the nut and bridge construction. Using a Keyhead with rollers, sperzels, and a well crafted bridge like I did are far superior. Those original tuning keys on the Frypan did not stay in tune too well and cannot compare to sperzels.

Mine is made from extruded aircraft aluminum which has no pits, air holes or defects as you get with a sand casting, furthermore the appearance is far superior looking, and sounding especially with an Alumitone tone bar pickup from Lace.

I think that Jb frypans are really much overrated and can be improved on. I must admit that I do really like their shape and their 22 1/2" scale. That's why I copied the shape and the scale.

I can't wait to get this next one assembled as it is going to be a keeper... Not for sale even for $2000
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN GEORGIA
Tom Snook

Post by Tom Snook »

Actualy the Excel JB Frypan has a 22" scale,I double checked with Scottys cause I'm using a JB fretboard as a guide for a steel I am taking way to long to build.They have 22" and 25" models.
I wanna go back to my little grass shack........
Stephen Dorocke

Post by Stephen Dorocke »

...with Lollar Supro-repro. Excellent! C6/A7 heaven~~
Keith Cary

Post by Keith Cary »

This is a few months old. P.U.'s are Dimarzio "PAF"s. Benders pull two strings on outside neck. Tuning is Bb-C#-E-G-A-C-E-G (C6/Bb dim) and E-B-D-E-G#-B-E-F# (E9, with benders). This is my daily player. And yes, I am going to change out the cheezy tuners.
David Eastwood

Post by David Eastwood »

My modest collection. I don't have the Recording King any more, but it's still in the forum family somewhere...