Handmade SD 10 3x4, and Nashville 1000 package $1000

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Erik Sears

Handmade SD 10 3x4, and Nashville 1000 package $1000

Post by Erik Sears »

I just can't dedicate the time to this that I need to become proficient at it, so I'm going to add it to the "list of things I used to do, that I wasn't any good at". Ok, so here it is.
Its an SD 10, aluminum bodied steel, 3x4, Emmons set up. I was told it was a pull release changer, and was likely an old double neck Howard, that has been converted. It's definately not pro quality, but its also definately a notch above a "starter" steel. The action is smooth and it seems to stay in tune. I can take more pics with better detail if you need to see something specific. It has a nice SKB type case with wheels. The amp is in fantastic condition and seems to function properly. Wheels and a neat electrical duplex have been added. It also comes with an old Goodrich volume pedal. It's old and beat, but it functions properly. I want $1000 for all of it, plus shipping, which I think would be crazy expensive, so I would really prefer to sell it locally, in the Cincinati area. I will split it up, but I'd really rather sell it all.
Bill Howard

Simmons

Post by Bill Howard »

This sure looks like a Simmons underneath and the fretboard does as well. I don't understand how a Carter -arter will bring 700+ bucks yet a nice guitar like this??,I may not be a Franklin but it looks well built to me and someone who needs the whole deal wi not find a better deal or cheaper way to get into the Pedal Steel. I had a little Simmons genesis it was a great cheap guitar and I been plunkin on a pedal steel for nearly 35 years
Erik Sears

Post by Erik Sears »

Thanks for the bump Bill. It really is a pretty decent steel, especially for what I'm asking for it. As far as exactly what it is, I'm just not sure. There are no markings on it at all, so I'm just passing on what I was told by another forum member, and I'm not even sure he was 100% sure.
Darrel Roberts

Post by Darrel Roberts »

I with Bill. This thing screams Simmons. Great deal.
Bill Howard

Well worth it

Post by Bill Howard »

Send it back to da top.
Come on this Amp and v pedal is worth half the price or more.. And I would bet this is a Simmons changer even the k levers look like it,Some beginner will buy a Carter Starter and pass up a great deal on a steel far better.. and getting a top rated Amp and vintage Goodrich.. I wish this were around when I only had a little to spend..My Simmons played better than my Pro model All pull Marlen..
Colin Henderson

Post by Colin Henderson »

Hey Erik, sent you an email.
Erik Sears

Post by Erik Sears »

Well, there's been a lot of questions about splitting up the package, so here it is. I'll take $650 plus shipping for the steel, $350 plus shipping for the amp, and $100 plus shipping for the volume pedal. So basically, if you buy the whole package, the pedal is free.