Fender (non-pedal) with original case - $875

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Dan E. Hoff

Fender (non-pedal) with original case - $875

Post by Dan E. Hoff »

I have a 60's Fender with original Tolex case. The guitar has the tone blender wheel. The pickups and controls work well. Normal dings in chrome and finish. Asking $875 firm plus $45 for professional packaging and insured shipping. Please email me if interested.

Thanks,

Dan E. Hoff
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Dan, your Deluxe 8 is from the 1970s, not the 60s. Black finishes were introduced in 1976 and were available until 1981, the end of the Stringmaster run. The tuner buttons on yours also indicate 1970s. It's a beautiful guitar!
Dan E. Hoff

Post by Dan E. Hoff »

Doug...I had the guitar appraised by a large guitar network, and going by the serial number etcetera, they placed it in the mid to late 60s....By the way, the appraisal was considerably more than what I have it listed at..Thanks Doug...It is a real nice guitar and I appreciate your info and compliments...
Dan E. Hoff

Post by Dan E. Hoff »

Doug Beaumier wrote:Dan, your Deluxe 8 is from the 1970s, not the 60s. Black finishes were introduced in 1976 and were available until 1981, the end of the Stringmaster run. The tuner buttons on yours also indicate 1970s. It's a beautiful guitar!
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

I had the guitar appraised by a large guitar network, and going by the serial number etcetera, they placed it in the mid to late 60s....
They were wrong. Most guitar "experts" know little to nothing about steel guitars. The serial numbers on Fender steels do not indicate the date of production unless compared to the same model of Fender steel guitar. Each Fender model has it's own sequence of numbers and there is no listing of serial numbers for each model as far as I know. Believe me, your Deluxe was made between 1976 and 1981 (black finish, hexagon tuner buttons). The exact year of production has no effect on the value. Deluxe 8's from the 50s, 60s, 70s are all worth about the same. Condition is the key factor.
Jack Hanson

Post by Jack Hanson »

The only possible way that guitar could be a 60's model would be if it was retrofitted with 70's tuners and refinished black. Either, or both, of which would severely impact its value to the point that it's worth well below the asking price.
Eric Philippsen

Post by Eric Philippsen »

It has been my experience that Doug really knows what he talks about.

What he mentioned about appraisers or "experts" is true. Most know little or nothing about steel guitars, pedal or otherwise.
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Just to clarify... I think this is a great steel guitar and I think the price is reasonable. I just wanted to point out that it's from the 1970s, not the 60s. Best of luck with it, Dan. 8)
Dale Andersen

Post by Dale Andersen »

THIS IS WHY I LOVE THE "STEEL GUITAR FORUM" ! Guys like Doug that know what's up !
Chris Brooks

Post by Chris Brooks »

Yay, Dougie!

Chris
Dan E. Hoff

Post by Dan E. Hoff »

Guys..Lest any one of you should rationalize that I was trying to mis-post a date on this guitar..[Not the case at all]..Definitely not the way I do things....

I have just accumulated some various Instruments over the years, including a early 60s strat which I purchased new, and as I am getting a little older, just thought I might vend one, two or more of them...

By the way, this is the first I have entered a for sale item on here...Regards!!!!
Roger Shackelton

Post by Roger Shackelton »

Just curious. :) Does this model Fender Steel Guitar have a blend control knob under the bridge cover?

Roger
Dale R Stiles

Post by Dale R Stiles »

Dan, I don't think there's anything in your posts that would give anyone cause to doubt your character.

As for your instrument, it's a beautiful 1970's Deluxe 8 in great condition and anyone would be lucky to have it.

Market price lately for Deluxe 8s has been $900 - $1200 regardless of manufacture date so you certainly haven't gotten greedy on the asking price.

I love my blonde 1964 but I have to admit that black against chrome looks bad to the bone.

Good Luck and Happy Trails
Dale
1965 Blonde Fender Deluxe 8, Rogue Jersey Lightning, Roland Cube, Polytone Mini/Teeny Brute
Dale R Stiles

Post by Dale R Stiles »

Hi Roger

He mentioned the Deluxe 8 blend pot in his first post.

Dale
1965 Blonde Fender Deluxe 8, Rogue Jersey Lightning, Roland Cube, Polytone Mini/Teeny Brute
Gene LaFleur

8 string lap steel

Post by Gene LaFleur »

Hi,

Hi,
Would you consider a trade?

I have a 2002 G&L Legacy in mint condition I would consider trading. Thanks very much. Sells new for around $1250.00 to $1300.00. Thanks very much. Gene
Dan E. Hoff

Post by Dan E. Hoff »

Thanks Doug for the info...We never get too old to learn something new...

Dale..The black guitar is definitely a beauty...Nice to hear about your blonde 50s fender as well...Hold on to that one Dale...You have a gem there...I didn't mention it in my post, but I have had the guitar several years and probably played it maybe 2 or 3 hours grand total...So it is not a high mileage steel guitar..I can say that now since the guitar has a new owner, and I really believe they god a dandy!!

Roger, the guitar is equipped with the little tuner wheel...

Gene, The Fender sold, so I will be wishing you good fortune in dealing yours....
Dan E. Hoff

Post by Dan E. Hoff »

The Fender 8 is sold...Donation will be sent to a fine forum!!!!
Dan E. Hoff

Post by Dan E. Hoff »

For what ever reason, I can't get into this donate click on....But I will try it again later...