Fessenden SD-10 3x5

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Lana Carroll

Fessenden SD-10 3x5

Post by Lana Carroll »

Looking for a new home for my Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel guitar. I hate to sell this guitar, but I've moved to a 12 string universal setup so I'm letting go of my 10-strings.

The guitar is in fantastic shape. I bought it about a year and a half ago off the Forum, and replaced the pickup with a TrueTone. It was built in the late 90's to early 2000's, although it doesn't have a serial number. The logo was changed by one of the previous owners to the newer Fessenden longhorn logo. I recently had it cleaned and set up by local pedal steel wizard John Widgren in CT. Like most everything built by Jerry Fessenden, it plays like butter and has extremely clean, simple mechanics.

The guitar is 1" below standard height, 3 pedals and 5 knees, and has the E lowers on the right knee. Otherwise pretty standard Emmons setup.

I am asking $1700 shipped. Local sale is greatly preferred, and I would come down on the price.

I also had a Hatton split case made for it right before I discovered universal tuning. It's beautiful tweed with a wine-color interior. It shaves a lot of weight off and breaks it up to make the guitar easier to carry. I will include it for an additional $200. See below:

Ray Thomas

Fessenden

Post by Ray Thomas »

You wont regret this one, the price is good and the guitar is excellent, I know, I own one.
Ray Thomas
Livesteel Strings Dealer
Call 919-920-5482
Text rayssteel@gmail.com or email
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

So frustrating.......I'm 'consulting' with a local guitar guy, helping him understand steel guitar and advising him in his purchase. This is such a "this is it! buy it, man!" but he's not quite $ready$.
Skip Mertz

fessenden

Post by Skip Mertz »

is that just a peel and stick label on front? thanks skip. are you on utube playing it?
Lana Carroll

Post by Lana Carroll »

Thanks Ray & Jon for your comments! Jon, you know I probably wouldn't be selling this if you hadn't gone and introduced me to universal tuning.

Skip, As far as I know, all Fessenden logos are peel and stick.

I do have at least one video of me playing the guitar, but the sound quality is not that great. To get a better sense for the tone of the instrument, I used it on my band's EP, which you can hear at music.karenandthesorrow.com. But don't blame the instrument for my shortcomings as a player! :D

(FWIW Those recordings were through a Showman head/15" speaker).
Kenneth Cartright

Fessendon sd10

Post by Kenneth Cartright »

Lana, Email sent.
Promat D10, Goodrich, Milkman
NV 400 Amps
baxter vaughan

Post by baxter vaughan »

Lana, I sent you a pm.
Baxter
Lana Carroll

Post by Lana Carroll »

Guitar is still available. :)

There has been a lot of interest in the split cases. I am forming a queue for those if the potential Fessenden buyer doesn't want them. Once the guitar sells I will get back to everyone.

Thank you!
Lana Carroll

Post by Lana Carroll »

still available!
john widgren

good deal

Post by john widgren »

Bump for Lana...a good deal from a good person. JW
Steel Guitar Services:
Live performance and recording. Instruments, repairs and lessons. Fresh bait/discount sushi.
(203) 858-8498
widcj@hotmail.com
Evan Brower

Fessenden

Post by Evan Brower »

Lana. Just sent you a direct message. Feel free to email me back. Thanks.

-Evan
Lana Carroll

Post by Lana Carroll »

Still Available.
Lana Carroll

Sold

Post by Lana Carroll »

This guitar is SOLD and has found a new home in Sunny California. Buyer took the split cases too.

Thank you all for your interest in this great guitar.