Melobar Power Slide built for Jeff Newman

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Corbin Tittle

Melobar Power Slide built for Jeff Newman

Post by Corbin Tittle »

This is a guitar that Jeff had built by Mr. Walt Smith founder of Melobar Guitars. Jeff had an idea for one of Scotty's shows using this guitar, he then had another idea using two of these and had another one built w/o the soft "body", and he and Buddy Emmons did a duo on these playing "Dueling Banjos" from the movie Deliverance, and it was a smash hit. After the show Jeff took this guitar back to Nashville and put it into storage with the rest of his collection. As far as I know, and as far as Fran Newman knows Buddy was the only one to ever play this guitar. It is a ten string, with 2 Lawrence p/u's a605&a705, and has incredible sustain, and the low end is very close to the low end on a C6th tuning. There are no scratches,blemishes,or tears. It has the foam-velour body, Grover tuners, and is completely original. Ted Smith told me when his Dad built this guitar It sold for $1000.00 I'm asking $1200.00 It's probably worth $2,000.00 to the right collector. It IS a piece of steel guitar history. I can only upload 1 pic. here contact me for more.
Last edited by Corbin Tittle on 12 Sep 2013 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corbin Tittle

Melobar

Post by Corbin Tittle »

TTT
Corbin Tittle

melobar

Post by Corbin Tittle »

TTT
Corbin Tittle

Melobar guitar

Post by Corbin Tittle »

TTT