Bobby Black

Archived for historical reference

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Bryce Velasco

Walter Stettner

Bobby Black

Post by Walter Stettner »

One of the nicest persons one could meet, a true gentleman and one hell of a player - It was good to see and hear Bobby again. He didn't bring his own guitar but borrowed Carco Clave's ten string non-pedal guitar and sounded great on it, both in the Hawaiian Room and on the main stage. Thanks for the great music, Bobby!

Kind Regards, Walter
David Cubbedge

Post by David Cubbedge »

This man may have more to do with me wanting to play pedal steel than anyone. I love his solo album from '05 and wish there was more! Makes me want to be in St. Louis in 2014, if he's there!
Red Emmons D10 fatback #2246D with sweet Hugh Briley split cases, Black Emmons S10 #1466S, '73 Fender "Snakeskin" Twin Reverb, Peavey Nashville 400, Line 6 Pod XT, Fender 400, Fender Stringmaster Double-8, too many guitars, one bass!
Ray Harrison

Post by Ray Harrison »

Bobby is truly one of the nicest people you can meet and is a terrific player. I'm proud to call him friend(and he even lets me sing with him from time to time). What an Honor!!
Ray Harrison
Bass/sing/Love PSG
77 Stingray/Kiesel 5 string bass
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Bob Snelgrove

Post by Bob Snelgrove »

A dear friend of mine for 40 years. Wish he got a little more recognition. He is truly unique and one of the all time greats. Thanks for posting, Walter!

bob
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Bob Snelgrove wrote: Wish he got a little more recognition.
Well being inducted into the Steel Guitar Hall of Fame ain't too shabby in the recognition department...
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

One of the best parts of the 2013 convention for me was finally getting to meet Bobby Black in person.

As others stated he's a very nice person and one super steel player! I have admired his playing for 35 years.

Great job Bobby!

Your Friend,

Terry Wood