Walter Stettner

Junior Brown

Post by Walter Stettner »

What a surprise to see and hear Junior!

Here are a few pics:

Kind Regards, Walter
Greg Vice

Post by Greg Vice »

Thanks for the photos of junior,he is awesome in concert caught him in Carmel In. last winter. My grandson started playing after hearing him at hunert car pile-up Had to loan him my old rick8 taught him highway patrol. Now all of his friends are steel fans. Way to go SCOTTY!!!
Lyle Clary

Post by Lyle Clary »

A unique style of picking. A flat pick and finger picks on middle and ring fingers. Great pictures,Walter. And no better backup than Leon.
2006 Zum D10 8x8,1969 ZB Custom D10,
10 3x4 Peavey Nashville 112 Peavey LTD 400 2014 Zum Encore Wood Grain 4x5 Stage One pot pedal
Mike Kowalik

Post by Mike Kowalik »

Junior Brown puts on a great show.....have seen him a couple of times at Floore's Country Store in Helotes Tx......don't miss him if he comes to your area!!!
Craig Stock

Post by Craig Stock »

Great to hear that Junior was there, well worth the price of admission, and looks like Tanya Rae was there too.

Just curious as to how well he was received and if he hung out at the show.

I met him in Hoboken, NJ at the now defunked Maxwells and he was a genuine guy.

A true ambassador of the steel guitar
Regards, Craig

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days
Walter Stettner

Post by Walter Stettner »

Craig,

Yes, he was well received and he really did a great set.

He left immediately after the set because he had to play another gig somewhere in the area.

Kind Regards, Walter
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

I love the expression on his face in the last picture.

I have a question about his guitar. On the bottom, there are 4 cutouts, with 1 being the jack for the output. The other 3 look as though they might have toggle switches in them, or maybe other jacks. What are they for?
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Don Lanier

Junior Brown

Post by Don Lanier »

HE ROCKED THE HOUSE...I went out and bought his Greatest Hits album and enjoyed his show, he had Leon Rhodes, David Russel and Johnny Bush sit in...come on back Junior...
David Mason

Post by David Mason »

I have a question about his guitar. On the bottom, there are 4 cutouts, with 1 being the jack for the output. The other 3 look as though they might have toggle switches in them, or maybe other jacks. What are they for?
He's a pretty heavy gear freak - you could maybe just e-mail him. Austin luthier Mike Stevens builds his "guit-steels" for him, you could probably ask him too. That actually looks like an older one, or maybe he had a smaller travel version built. I'd bet that one of them is another jack, so he could run a steel amp and a guitar amp. The guitar part has three pickups - one jack per?
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

David Mason wrote:
He's a pretty heavy gear freak - you could maybe just e-mail him. Austin luthier Mike Stevens builds his "guit-steels" for him, you could probably ask him too. That actually looks like an older one, or maybe he had a smaller travel version built. I'd bet that one of them is another jack, so he could run a steel amp and a guitar amp. The guitar part has three pickups - one jack per?
The guit-steel he is playing is the second guit-steel Michael Stevens built for him called "Big Red". His first guit-steel was called Old Yeller. Junior does all his shows and studio work with "Big Red. "Big Red" looks faded now, so it's kinda an orange color. I think he runs the guit-steel through one amp-I think he used a Fender amp in the "Highway Patrol" video. He's got a selector somewhere on the guit-steel where he switches between guitar and steel